Chapter 6 - Work For Me{}

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Ashley please stop being so difficult, the guy harassed you, yet you want to go back and work there? Just be my personal assistant I need one anyway!" Brandon insisted as he looked at me his eyes pleading.

Today I called in and took the day off at both the restaurant and the orphanage. I couldn't go back to anywhere where David would be.

"I can't do that," I muttered.

"Why not!" He said groaning in frustration and running a hand through his dark hair.

"What will people think, Brandon? Huh? I don't want them to think I'm using you or make up rubbish about me because I won't be able to handle it! I know I won't be able to." I said and looked away.

Then suddenly he grabbed me and pushed me against the wall before pushing my hands up to reveal my hidden wrists. He saw them and gasped his eyes widening with horror.

"Ashley, do you cut yourself?" He asked looking me in the eyes.

"Answer me." He said when I refused to and quickly looked away.

"Ashley, I'm asking you a question damn it!"

"I know you are I just don't want to answer," I said.

"Why not?"

"I don't want you to think that I am weak," I said quietly.

"Ashley, you are the strongest girl I know. I will never think of you that way. You are beautiful, sweet, and kind. I would never hurt you. Never. Ever. I would rather die than hurt someone like you. You are of a rare kind," I blushed.

"Thank you," I said.

"I would never hurt you. I just want to be your stone to fall on Ash, is that too hard for you to accept?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "No,"

"So work for me?" He asked and she nodded.

"Fine," I consented and he smiled his typical one thousand-watt smile. It was highly infectious.

"Thank you," He whispered gently and kissed my cheek.

***

"Welcome to your first day here at Hawthorne Tech!" A brunette-haired girl said.

She was quite tall with blue eyes and brown hair that fell down in loose curls to the small of her black. She was dressed up all professionally. I smiled at her and tucked a strand of my dark hair behind my ear.

"I am Melissa," She said sticking her hand out to me. I smiled at her.

"Hello, I am Ashley," I greeted.

"Great, I will show you to your office I hear you are Mr. Hawthorne's new personal assistant, might I add you are the first one he has ever had in like seven years!" Melissa gushed and I smiled.

"Wow, you must be one hell of a lucky girl. You know Mr. Hawthorne is one mean man! He is rather harsh with his assistant and I really hope you last, you seem very nice, Ashley!"  

"Aw, thank you Melissa and you seem nice too," I responded and she nodded her head.

"Sure, so here is your little office, the staff room is that way, Mr. Hawthorne's office is that way and tea break is at ten and lunch break at twelve. Good luck on your first day!" Melissa said before she scurried off to obviously to get to her work station, or so I thought.