Nobody's home

Soo Chapter two is up ! hope u did read the first and now are up for this one :)) okay people show some love and COMMENT ! xoxo

CHAPTER TWO:

“MOM where the hell did you put my shoes!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I was running late for my class and my mother as always had messed up my room by trying to “clean it up” for me. I ran down the stairs in my socks turning red from anger “MOM!!! I said where the hell did ….” My words died as I found her passed out on the couch from yet another late night out drinking and partying as always. I knelt beside her checking her pulse; her heart was still beating; great which meant another night out drinking! Perfect just… fucking PERFECT!

I ran back upstairs looking for my shoes which I found strangely hanging above the closet of the hallway. I shook my head at the thought of how much drunk she was for her to put them up there.

I slipped them on quickly; grabbed my backpack and hurried out. The walk to school would take me 15 minutes which meant me getting there late … again. All thanks to my mother who gambled our one only piece of crap of a car and lost it to another drunken friend of hers. I wrapped my arms around myself trying to keep the cold away, but it was worthless as November had no mercy on my body. I walked faster trying to get there early and to warm myself up a bit.

I was a block away from school when I felt the air gets colder if that was even possible; but the chill I felt was certainly not from the cold as I felt myself being stalked. I wasn’t stupid to try to stop and look for the source, that only happens to those dump actresses in movies whom all end up dead or crazy and I didn’t want end up either of those. I walked faster not wanting to draw attention to whoever or whatever was stalking me and tried to make it safe to my class. I knew what stalked this world, everyone knew as a year ago “vampires” made their appearance public, fucking vampires existed? Who’d ever thought that was possible! At first the world thought it was some sick joke or an epidemic that took over the world; but nope, true enough they were real vampires with fangs and bloody raw food.

I’ve never seen one in my life, face to face at least and I didn’t want to start now. Our village was a small one; not too far from the city but nice enough to have some tourists visiting us and making it a bit alive in the summer. We had a huge monument that was built after the Second World War ended, a really popular natural spa and of course a mall which did keep us trapped in this city as they fulfilled our daily needs.

Just as I turned the block and could see my school I heard a click of a branch being broken and almost froze in my place as the sound was near, extremely near me. But I wouldn’t dare stop now, not when safety was a few feet away so … I RAN! I freaking run and the eyes I felt stalking me disappeared. But I didn’t stop, didn’t dare think of stopping. I came to a halt in front of the gate trying to catch my breath while smashing the closed gate hard with my fists.

The gate opened slowly showing old Bill with his winkled smiley face “You’re late Miss Anna, again” he said shaking his head at me

“I know Bill…and…I’m…so …very sorry! But My mom…”I tried to explain while catching my breath but he just shook his head more

“I can’t let you in this time Miss; the principal gave me a hard time when he knew I was letting you in when you so obviously come late”

“But….” My voice died as I heard Mr. Henry the school principal call out to whom Bill was talking to. My breath caught into my lungs as Bill stepped aside letting me in the face of Mr. Henry the cold hearted principal. I tried to look calm and innocent

“Good morning Miss Anna I see you’re late again” he stated a matter of fact not a question

“Umm yeah I’m sorry sir but my mother…” but he waved his hand and cut me off

“Come with me please Miss I’d like to have a word with you if you would please and give us some of that precious time of yours”

I gulped and stuttered on my own two simple words “y-yes    si-ir” I walked stiffly behind him hating how scared he made me feel and for something I had nothing to do with. If humans were this scary, can you imagine how vampires were? I shivered at that thought not wanting an answer to it whatsoever

I stepped inside the office standing by the door as Mr. cold-heart took a seat in his armchair; he looked up with his cold calm eyes at me and asked

“Won’t you please come in and close the door behind you I don’t bite my dear. I just want to talk to you” he said faking affection through his teeth but I did as asked and took a seat in front of him putting my backpack on the floor.

“So I hear you are always late Miss Anna can I know the reason for that?”He asked not bothering to even looking me while checking some papers thrown over his desk

“I was taking care of my mother; she’s kind of …sick and I had to look after her before I came”

“I see and she’s been sick for how long now? 3 months ? Isn’t that a bit too long my dear” and at this he did look up at me, staring into my eyes as if daring me to lie to him if I even tried to think about lying.

“Um well her situation is a bit complicated “I answered as truthfully as I could because no matter how awful she was she still was my mother and we were all we had in this world; plus it’s not like she doesn’t have her reasons for being the way she is now.

“I see”  he said looking back at his papers “Well Miss Anna I’m going to have to ask you to bring your mother here so I could have a talk with her” I gasped… loudly at his request , my mother coming here? That was impossible! She’s never sober and when she is; she’s out trying to not be.

“I’m afraid that’s not possible… at the moment” I said trying to be calm and confident

“Well then Miss Anna “he got out of his and started to shake my hand” I’m afraid you’ll be suspended until it is possible for your mother to come; until then “he clapped my shoulder and led me to the door; pushed me outside quietly and closed it in my face

I stood there speechless; stunned as to what just happened. That possible moment would never come! My mother would never be able to come and that cold hearted jerk would never let me back in and I was sure of that, because he had actually thrown out students before without any seed of remorse. I dragged my feet slowly not believing the way this day has turned to be. Bill looked at me pitifully as if he knew I was not coming back which probably was true. I tried to give back a smile but failed… miserably. I opened the gate and let myself out not sure to where I was going. All I knew is that Home was the last place I wanted to be in right now. So I walked away with a heavy heart and an overwhelmed mind that felt like it was going to explode as everything raced within my head looking for solutions I did not have.