Review 42: Black Bullet (Cursed Little Girls)

So there's cursed children, special bug repellent disguised as metal and giant bugs that eat you, infect you and then turn you into them... This is weird...

So in the slightly, but not so futuristic world of japan... A parasitic virus seems to be running the world and the governments actions. This leads the citizens of Tokyo to live behind walls made of Varanium, (not over the top like attack on titan). You are not aloud out of these walls unless you have been sent out to dispose of the parasitic virus, but not many people are so, ehhh. even though the people may be protected from the virus now, but when they weren't the virus managed to fnd a way into the systems of regnant women; meaning that when their children were born they were classed as a "Cursed Child". The Cursed children then grow to have superhuman powers, but only a female can be a cursed child... (Imagine them on they're periods, holy crap). 

Our story starts In Tokyo with Rentaro and Enju. The anime starts with them both on their way to an apartment that has suspicious parasitic movement. When Rentaro arrives, there are two officers dead and the apartment is covered in blood. Before him stands a man who looks some what like a clown... And he creeps me out real bad. When Enju gets close to the apartment, she comes across the man who has been taken over by the virus; she can't do anything to save him, so inevitably has to fight him. The first episode does give us a good in-sight to the anime and what we could expect from it. even the opening to the first episode when we see the Gastrea attacking Rentaro when he was younger, gives us a good idea as to what the people would of had to go through before the Varanium walls were put into place. 

Rentaro satomi: During the opening to the first anime we see that he was attacked at quite a young age. He lost his right arm, right leg and left eye in a fight to protect someone from a Gastrea. His parents were killed in the war against Gastrea about ten years ago. He was then adopted by the Tendo family, but then later left along with Kisara. he had his limbs replaced in "The New Human Replacement Program". His limbs were replaced with Varanium metal in order for him to become stronger and fight better when it comes to the Gastrea. He is also the Initiator of Enju he is in charge of her protection as a human and any actions performed by Enju will have consequences that will effect him. 

Enju Aihara: She is a cursed child and Rentaro's weapon against the Gastrea. When she was first introduced to Rentaro she had severe trust issues and didn't want to be any part of the war. But she then became closer to him and now she thinks that they are soul mates that are just meant to be together. She did attend Primary school until her true identity as a Cursed child was revealed to the other students; their hatred for her then drove her to transfer to another school. Even though she wants to be normal and get out of the current life she lives... It will never be possible for her. She keeps a positive attitude and stays happy and bubbly throughout the anime, she does whatever she can to protect Rentaro as he is the only person that she will ever be close to throughout her life. 

Gastrea: The parasitic virus that takes form of large bugs, whenever they have to chance they will devour as many humans as the possibly can in order to spread the virus and cause the extinction of all humans. They despise Varanium so that is the only thing humans can use against them in order to defeat them. Also meaning that only Initiators and their weapons are able to fight the Gastrea. 

There are a lot of characters that you meet along the way; but as usual i'm not going to go over them all as i only like to highlight the main characters. So if you want more information on the characters then just go on to Wikipedia or something... (Cause i'm that lazy).

now the anime has been released quite recently so the animation and fighting scenes are quite simply awesome. The attitudes in the anime; at times, can be quite serious and there are a lot of tense moments that we as viewers need to be paying attention too. But at times (like the first episode) there is an element of fun and happiness, that we need to take in just to put into perspective of what their lives are like at this point. 

I really enjoyed this anime, everything that they've used seems to be up to date like other modern shows. The idea for the story line seems original and can be quite un-expected at times. The only thing i would say needs some improving would be the characters that we would like to see a bit more; Yes, they may be involved for one or two episodes... But then they are either killed off again or we don't see them as often as we would like too. But still, a very good show; it's not as long as i would of liked it to be, but sometimes the shorter animes are the best ass we don't see as many fillers as we would in other big animes like Naruto and Fairy Tail. So over all i wasn't disappointed in the anime at all and i would happily watch it again. 

Wednesday, 29th, October, 2014.     9:55 PM   ~Amy