Caught in the Middle

Right away Ryan and Shane bust through the doors and slapped handcuffs on Stevens wrists.

"Whoa- what's happening?" Steven asked in shock.

"What do you know about the murders?" Ryan asked, rather quickly.

"I told you, I don't know anything." He tried to persuade.

"The lie detector said otherwise." Shane shot.

"Would you like to tell us now? So we can get this over with?" Ryan spat.

"I'm not answering anything else until my lawyer is here." Steven shook his head.

"Fine." Shane said, throwing his hands up.

"Go call you lawyer." Ryan demanded. He shoved Steven out the door and to the phone.

Luckily, Zach was a lawyer and since they were friends, Steven called him.

"Hey, I need you down at the police station. Now." He said.

"Ok." Zach said before hanging up.

Within minutes Zach was back in the interrogation room, but this time was defending his best friend.

"Why am I here?" Zach asked.

"He wouldn't answer any more questions without a lawyer present." Shane said.

"Well I'm here now, so ask away." Zach invited.

"What do you know about the murders, Steven?" Ryan pushed.

"I swear, I had no idea they were being targeted." Steven pleaded.

"Why would they be targeted?" Shane continued.

"Well, they have all been linked to Eugene Lee Yang." Zach suggested.

"So, you're saying that because all of the men have stayed with Eugene justifies killing them? And what about you Zach, you and him dated. Why are you still here?" He said in a haunting tone.