Chapter 5: The Accident

Monday finally came. And the first thing we had in the morning right after attendance

was gym. We were going to play volleyball today. We all headed to the girls and boys' washrooms to change.

"Hoy Lindsay mag volleyball tayo sa gym class diba?" Josie asked.

"Oo Jos!"

"Galing mo eh"! She said as we were washing our hands.

"Hehehe ikaw rin Jos"!

All the girls and boys were done changing then we walked into the gym. Our teachers put up the volleyball net in the middle of the gym floor.

We split the numbers into equal teams - Team 1 was me, Alex, Josie, and Nate.

Martin, Marinella, Janice, and Luis.

I served the ball then Marinella hit it back, Alex hit it to them,

then suddenly, Janice slapped the volleyball back to our side of the net

with so much power, then I looked down because my shoe lace was untied!

I looked back up and the ball was heading towards my face, but Nate rushed in and took

a dive in front of me, helping me from getting hit. Nate was hit in the head instead since

he dived to the floor right in front of me, then he was lying on the ground unconscious!

Tears filled my eyes as I crouched down on my knees, trying to get Nathan to wake up.

"Nate, gising, gising!!!" I yelled as tears ran down both my cheeks.

Janice and the rest of Team 2 were shocked and ran to the other side o the net where we were all crouching trying to wake up Nate. The teachers weren't in the gym at the moment.

I was crying and trying to wake him up.

"Nate gising ka mahal kita don't leave me here alone please just wake up!!!" I yelled as I cried loudly.

The teachers ran into the gym quickly and carried him to the nurse's room. Josie and Alex were standing there hugging me while we watched Nate get carried out of the gym from afar.