Chapter 39: Words of Wisdom

Depuis le début

"Yes, I know how you get when I'm barely clothed and we don't have time for that." He teases me as he pulls his pants on.

I roll my eyes and shove my stuff into my bag before heading to the door. Just as I'm about to reach for the handle, Harry stops me.

"Ava."

"What?" I ask, turning back to face him.

"I... I just. I mean I really wanted.."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. He runs his hand down my arm making me shiver. Once his hand meets mine, he entwines our fingers together, gripping it tightly.

He takes a deep breath, and I can see the pain in his eyes. "I just.... I wanted to say how sorry I am for being so mad at you about the whole pool thing. I was such a wanker about it, and I'm sorry. I should have never gotten so upset about something so trivial."

"I'm sorry too." I smile at him, happy to know that is behind us. I go to give him a quick hug, but he wraps his arms completely around me, picking my feet up off the ground. He holds me so tightly, like he's afraid I could slip away at any moment. I almost push him away but for the first time, I truly feel safe.

A knock on the door causes us to pull away, ending the hug I never wanted to stop.

"Ava I'm leaving so get out here so I can hug your little arse goodbye!" Gemma calls through the door.

Harry opens the door and Gemma's mouth falls open in shock before a huge grin overtakes her face.

"Did you both sleep in there?" She asks excitedly.

"Yes Gem... we SLEPT. So don't start." Harry answers her as he heads down the hallway.

Gemma throws her arms around me, "Don't be a stranger okay? Come visit me."

"I will." I promise her.

I follow her into the living room and say my goodbyes to Aston, Luke, and Calum. A few minutes later they are out the door and gone, driving Harry's car back to Cheshire.

The rest of us load into several cars and head to the airport. After we all hug Perrie and Eleanor goodbye, Zayn and Louie walk them to their gate.

Niall and I walk Poppy to hers, and I already feel teary eyed by the time we reach it. Niall gives her a very passionate kiss goodbye then steps back.

"Ugh, I'm going to miss you!" I whine.

"You too!" Poppy says, pulling me into a tight hug. "I love you, you brilliantly stunning creature!"

"I love you too Poppy."

She laughs and brushes the hair off my shoulder, "Now don't forget if you need me to come and kick these lad's arses for you, I will."

"I won't." I chuckle.

Her expression suddenly turns serious, "I'd do anything for you Ava, you know that right?"

"Yes. Now don't make me cry!"

"Okay." She smiles, "Just one last Poppy pep talk."

"Lay it on me." I knew I wouldn't get a whole weekend with her without getting at least one.

"Now don't just brush this one off, I really want you to think about this okay?"

I nod my head, waiting for her words of wisdom.

"It doesn't matter who hurt you, or who broke you down Ava. What matters is who made you smile again."

She gives me another quick hug and then she's gone, leaving me standing there with her words echoing in my mind.

"Shall we push on?" Niall asks behind me.

I nod my head and start following him to the Tarmac where the jet is. Everyone else is already aboard so we quickly make our way up the steps and into the plane. Louie and Zayn shoot us with Nerf guns the second we walk into the cabin. Niall goes into attack mode but I just ignore them and go find a seat near the back.

Poppy's words were so simple, but nothing is as easy as it seems. Staring out the window as we take off, I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness as her words go over and over again in my mind. I don't even notice when Harry sits down in the seat facing mine.

"What do you call a fake noodle?"

I look away from the window to see Harry sitting across from me with a big smile on his face.

"What?" I ask, not sure of what he said.

"What do you call a fake noodle?"

I'm so not in the mood for this, but I know if I deny him he'll just give me the sad puppy face and I'll cave anyway.

I sigh, "I don't know Harry, what do you call a fake noodle?"

He chuckles, already laughing at himself, "An impasta!"

I shake my head at him and laugh.

"Knew it!"

"Knew what?" I ask him.

"That I could get you to smile. I'm pretty good at that you know." He states with a dimpled grin.

I look him in the eyes and smile back at him.

"You're right Harry. You can always make me smile."

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)