T W E N T Y - T H R E E | Miss me?

{Pic of Olivia}

Song: Eastside

Artist (s): benny blanco, Halsey, Khalid

Don't wait. The time will never be 'just right'.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

"Are you sure this will work?" 

"Nope" 

Willow, Skylar, the twins and I all stood in front of the guarded gates of the palace. I swallowed my nerves, rubbing my sweaty palms down my dress straightening it up. After Willow had visited our house we tried to make an appointment to see King Noah but there wasn't any for months. Thankfully, since Willow was his sister she managed to squeeze us in a week later. 

A week too long.

"Don't worry about anything. Noah's a big softy" Willow laughed heartily greeting the guards who scrutinised the twins and I. 

"Yeah and he's also king" Julius mumbled under his breath.

"Unfortunately there will have to be a routine security check before you'll be allowed in" Willow explained as a female guard led me into a room to search me. After everything was done to their satisfaction we were finally allowed to cross the gates into the palace gardens. 

"Keep close. I don't want you to get lost" Willow yelled from ahead walking towards the front gates which were also guarded by two men.

"Hi Dave" Willow greeted walking through the door with us following close behind.

"Right. If you take a seat here I can go and grab Noah for you" Skylar clapped her hands motioning for us to sit which we did ever so hesitantly. Everything was so expensive. I sat up straighter when I heard voices down the hall before Skylar appeared once again with a man with striking similar features to her own. 

"Your highness" A beaming willow stood up with courtesy.

"Your highness" I followed her lead. King Noah stared at me for a second before pulling Willow into a hug. After releasing her, he turns to face the twins.

"Your highness" the twins bowed respectfully. 

"How may I be of help?" King Noah asked sitting down motioning us to do the same. All eyes were on me. My eyes snapped shut as I tried to control my breathing. 

Do it for Neel. Do it for Neel. Do it for Neel.

 I sighed, "It's a long story". King Noah just raised his eyebrows.

*** 

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" King Noah asked once had finished telling him everything. From start to finish.

"You don't". Noah sighed looking at his mother who had her fists clenched by her sides.

"She's not lying." Skylar looked at her son with an expression that could only be read as raw pain. 

"Just trust me. All I want is a chance." I begged. 

"The only reason I am going to be helping you is because my mom believes you. And if she believes you, so do I." King Noah stood up and we followed lead.

"And if what you are saying is true then I want those animals rotting in a prison cell." King Noah left the room leaving us enveloped in silence. 

"Thank you so much" I whispered looking at Skylar.

"Don't be. If you need anything then give me a ring. Don't let my age fool you, I can still kick-ass if needs be" she winked. A few minutes later King Noah walked back into the room holding a red envelope. 

"Give this at the station holding Neel" I eyed the bronze wax seal on the envelope before thanking the king with a courtesy.

***

"Where the hell did you get this?" Officer Gail exclaimed once we had handed him the envelope. 

"We'll explain later. Can we just please go get Neel" Julius brushed him off running into the car. 

"This is amazing" Officer Gail laughed out loud as we made our way down the familiar streets. I finally felt like I could breathe again, the guilt falling off my shoulders. As soon as the car was parked up the four of us ran inside and towards the main desk.

"There is no way..." The officers southern voice trailed off as he opened the envelope and read its content. After re-reading it three times he clenched his fists moving off his desk and towards Neel's cell, opening up the gate allowing him to step out. 

"What the hell did they do to you?" Julian growled as he took in Neels appearance.

"Nothing I didn't reciprocate" Neel winked. His busted lip and swollen cheekbone could be seen from a mile away.

"Come on" Julius and Julian each grabbed a hold of Neel he limped towards me.

"How'd you get me out" He questioned looking at them. Neither on them replied. Neel sighed looking around the reception until his eyes found me.

"Hi, beautiful. Miss me?" he grinned. I shook my head at him, running at him before throwing my arms around his neck pulling him closer.

"Let's go home" he whispered into my ear but didn't make a move to pull away and neither did I.

"Guys, how about we get home and then you can hug it out all you want?" Julian spoke up from beside us. 

"Lets. God, I need to shower" Neel groaned limping to the car taking a seat in the back. 

"I'll be back in a second" I ran back to where we came from trying to find the face I was looking for.

"Officer Gail" I yelled out once I spotted him. Turning around once his name was called he smiled down at me as I approached him.

"What's up, kiddo?" 

"Thank you" I said sincerely. 

"You're welcome. Now go before lover boy marches back up in here" he laughed ruffling my hair in a fatherly way. I grinned at him walking back to the car, sitting in the backseat next to Neel how instantly took my hand into his own, laying a kiss to my palm.

"I missed you so much." he whispered against my palm.

"I missed you too" 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry I've been MIA for a while but I'm just so busy with university starting. There's so much to be done and I've only done 0.5% of it. Looking at the chapter count there's only 23 chapters so far but it seems like I've been writing this book for ages. I can tell you right now that this book isn't going to be a long one. I'll be surprised if it reaches 30 chapters. I'm literally pulling at straws to get this plot together. 

Vote.

Comment.

Share.