Sun and Moon

I'm going to tell her. Today. I can't go on like this, I just can't." Kara gripped her coffee mug in her hands as she sat at the counter of her kitchen, taking special care not to shatter it this time.

Alex and Maggie had arrived not long after they had spoken on the phone—Alex had this spooky skill when it came to knowing something was bothering Kara. The crinkle that now marked her sister's brow only confirmed the older Danvers' suspicions.

"I'm surprised she hasn't figured it out already," Maggie contributed, reaching for a muffin from the stack she and Alex had brought over on their way in, suspecting that Kara would be in need of alimentary support. "I mean, it didn't take too long for me to figure it out, and I didn't even have to get as, ah, close," she smirked.

"That's just because you're the most amazing detective slash genius on the planet."

"I'll have that in writing thanks, Danvers," Maggie quipped, grinning smugly into her muffin despite Alex's obviously intended sarcasm.

"That's just it. It's only a matter of time before she figures it out—if she hasn't already," Kara mumbled hopelessly. "I want it to come from me, I can't keep lying to her anymore. Lena doesn't deserve it, not after all she's been through."

Alex folded her arms over her chest, her trademark furrow creasing her brows. "I don't know, Kara..."

Kara picked up easily on the reluctance in Alex's voice, her expression twitching into a frown. "You still don't trust her, do you?"

Alex sighed, raising her hands defensively. "I don't know her like you do, Kara. I'm just going off what I know. Regardless of whatever it is that's going on between the two of you, the fact remains that she's a—"

"Don't say it. Don't you dare say it," Kara glowered, her hands balling into fists on the counter.

"I think what Alex meant to say is she's an unknown variable," Maggie interjected pacifyingly.

"I just don't want you to get hurt, Kara." Alex spoke gently, and squeezed Kara's shoulder.

Kara sighed, her fists unclenching in response to Alex's touch. Alex was only looking out for her, like she always did, like she always had done, and like Kara knew she always would.

"Lying to her is already hurting me." Kara's voice was soft, and she looked up to Alex with sadness in her eyes. "If this thing between us is going to have any chance of being real, she has to know who I am. I'm ready, Alex. I want her to know."

THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING SO PATIENT WITH ME ☺️I LOVE YOU GUYS!! I DONT'T TELL YOU GUYS ENJOY BUT I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU ALL!

P. S YOU GUYS ARE ALL PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL/HANDSOME THE WAY YOU GUYS ARE !!❣️