Part 3

When they got to the store Dean saw that Sam had fallen asleep.

"Huh, guess the sound of the impalas engine still puts you to sleep."

Dean picked sam up and couldn't stop the small smile thinking of simpler times before the apocalypse when it was just him and Sammy against the world.

45 minutes later

The Winchester brothers were back in the impala, and Dean saw that sam was starting too whimper and thrash his head.

Dean thought the poor kid was having a nightmare. so he reached over to shake him awake only to feel his head and notice his temperature was a little higher that usual. Dean frowned.

"Damn Sammy a fever to to it off huh. knowing your luck you probably have something deadly."

"Sam, Sammy, wake up bud."

Sam started waking

"Wha what's going on?"

"Your running a fever."

Dean looked at him and could see how crappy he was feeling just by looking at those sweet innocent eyes. Come to think of it when was the last time Sam looked so miserable and actually showed any emotion in his eyes.

"Were gonna head back to the hotel, stay for the night then head up to Bobby's for a little while."

"Sounds great."

After they get back to the motel Sam's fever had already gone away but Dean made a note to himself to check on it again when he was asleep just to be sure.

"Sam I'm gonna take a shower."

"Don't take all the hot water jerk."

And without missing a beat came Deans reply

"Whatever bitch."