9.) Welcome Home

"Bethany?"
My heart was beating out of my chest as the voice spoke quietly into the phone. I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't find the words
"Bethany?"
I sucked in a breath at the sound of him saying my name for the second time.
Hot tears rolled down my cheeks and I didn't bother trying to hide the fact I was crying.
I looked up to find all the guys staring at me with sympathetic expressions.
"Bethany, talk to me sweetheart?"
I tried steadying my breath, "d-dad?" It was barley audible but I'm certain he heard it.
"Oh my- baby I'm so sorry" he practically sobbed down the phone, which obviously made me cry even harder. I wasn't angry anymore. I wasn't pissed at the fact my father hadn't been apart of my life for 17 years.
"I can't believe I'm talking to you Bethany, your mom never told me about you. If I'd had known about you, you wouldn't be living in Ireland right now. I swear to fucking god."
I felt the biggest smile spread across my face.
"FUCKING FINALLY" Jax shouted and the rest of the lads cheered as I heard laughter from the other end of the phone.
***************
I couldn't sleep that night, whether it was from excitement or anxiety, I'm not sure. The fact I'd found my father was fucking amazing but I couldn't help this gut wrenching feeling of not knowing what to do next. Did he actually want me to be in his life or was he just saying those things just so he didn't look like a dick? Thousands of irrational thoughts consumed my brain and so, I spent most of the night sketching and I finally decided to drag my ass out of bed at around 7:30am and got dressed.
The guys were going home today, since they came to get Abel and now they had him, there was no reason as to why they should stay.
I knew I had a big decision to make but I knew I didn't wanna live out the rest of my days in Ireland; my heart wanted more.
There I was sat on the edge of my bed chewing on my nails, letting my combat  boots hit the wooden floor each time I bounced my leg up and down. Until, I couldn't take it any more.
I grabbed the duffel bag from the top of my wardrobe, threw it on the bed and started shoving essential items of clothing in as well as my sketch book.
I ran down the stairs at an impressive speed, hurriedly making my way into the living room where all of the SAMCRO lads looked like they had everything packed up and ready to go.
I cleared my throat and gained everyone's attention.
"I want to come to America with you."
I tried to make myself sound as assertive as possible. This was my life and this was my choice and I wasn't going to let anybody take that away from me.
Maureen dropped whatever she was holding and it came crashing to the ground. "What did you say just now?"
I looked her dead in the eyes.
"I said I'm going to America with SAMCRO."
She laughed although there was absolutely no humour there whatsoever.
"I don't think so young lady, are you insane? You're not going anywhere!"
That's what she thought.
I looked around the room for help, meeting Jax's eyes.
"Actually Maureen, I do think she should meet her dad. I think they both need this."
"Yeah we could make room for ya, lass" Chibs commented, giving me a cheeky wink to which Happy just scoffed and  walked over to me, grabbing my bag of off the floor, as a silent attempt to say that I was indeed going with them.
Maureen let out a sigh and just as Kieth was about to say something, she cut in.
"Fine, go but this is a crazy idea Bethany and I really hope it doesn't end up with you being hurt. Promise me you won't do anything stupid."
The biggest smile spread across my face and I ran to hug her.
"You know I can't promise that Aunt Mo."
I whispered as she embraced me and she laughed but she knew I was serious.
Goodbyes were said and a part of me was sad I was leaving. The part that longed to be closer to my mother ached with every mile we got further away from Ireland, but that still didn't stop the swarms of butterflies from emerging in my stomach as we reached American territory. The minute we hopped off of the Cargo ship I looked up to admire the clear blue sky and I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, I looked up to see Happy's smiling face as he buried his head into the crook of my neck and brought his lips real close to my ear.
"Welcome home little girl."

Y'all I am so sorry for not updating in like forever, I just thought this wasn't going anywhere and I didn't really know what to write. Then, I saw all of your comments and decided to continue it so, thank you loves 💗