[18] Return

The next day when I woke up, I had a single motive in mind. I wanted to go back to school. I'm well aware that I'm massively behind with a lot of school work and I miss my Kate and Leah with everything in me.

I have gone AWOL on them considering the fact that they practically know nothing concerning the abuse I've been going through. They know nothing about being in any form of contact with Justin too. A part of me feels guilty about not telling them anything but God knows that I did it for their own good. If I hadn't followed Ben's pathetic rules, it would've resulted in a lot of unmerciful reactions from my cruel uncle, he would've made sure that I acknowledged my mistake and paid dearly for it.

I couldn't possibly let that happen, which of course led to me not informing my two best friends about the whole matter at hand.

And another person whom I was missing deeply was Hanna, she must be madly worried about me. I haven't been in any sort of contact with her for the past week. I can't help but think of the thoughts that are running through her head, she must be thinking that something terrible has happened to me...when truthfully speaking, is the opposite of that.

I got up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom, Justin was still asleep as I heard light snores while passing his bedroom door.

My mind was still confused about what went down yesterday. Justin has been accused of taking the lives of two people in a car crash... that was a lot for me to take. I could never get over news like that so quick, the fact that I know nothing about him and his lifestyle.

All I know is the kind side that Justin is showing me and that's it, although I'm starting to feel like its all a façade he's having towards me.

He's not being real with me, making sure to carefully pick out his words as he converses with me. He's hiding his true self towards me but I'm not even putting blame on him for that. Who would ever want to tell an emotionally broken person depressing stories or even trust them enough to open up?

After fifteen minutes of showering, I wrapped my small body with a towel and used another to dry my hair. After brushing my teeth, I decided to exit the bathroom.

After literally digging for an outfit, I finally settled with black leggings, a long gray top that reached just above my knees. Good thing it was long sleeve so I didn't have to wear a jacket on top. After putting on some boots and tied my hair into a bun, I was ready to go. So I grabbed my phone, earphones and my schoolbag.

Justin was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him so I scrabbled a note and placed it on the counter in the kitchen. The sun was starting to appear outside since it was seven o'clock, the winter breeze was not so bad today which I was thankful for.

I walked, looking for the nearest bus station, and finally found one after twelve minutes of walking. Living in Justin's place, I wasn't really used to the surroundings. Everything seemed to be fancier than where I used to live. The wider streets, tall palm trees, big neighboring houses, malls and shopping centers around. It was all so different from my last home.

I hopped into a bus that was thankfully going to the direction of my school, sat at a window seat and plugged in my earphones. Being a big antisocial, I didn't really like to converse with people I didn't know, it was just too much, much like a forced interaction which I've been trying to avoid.

I would usually walk to school so taking a bus would now be a regular thing.

So I sat quietly as I took in the words of the song that I was listening to.

Thankfully twenty minutes later, I was going out of the bus and heading towards the school gates. I had jitters and felt nervous about getting in. Considering that I had to mentally prepare a story in my head in concern of my sudden absence and lack of communication to my friends.