Poofless- It's Not Time To Go

Preston's P.O.V.

I pulled myself out of my unconsciousness reluctantly at the sound of my alarm, the numbness setting in at the thought of another day in school. Pushing through my classes which I didn't like was hard enough, putting up with the dreary teachers and the students who were constantly interrupting the lessons when I was trying to learn, but on top of that I had to put up with bullying.

The thought of trying to ignore them for another day made me feel physically sick and after 4 years of putting up with them with no reaction I was being pushed to my limits. I didn't know how much longer I would last.

I dragged myself from my bed, the duvet strewn on the floor, and pulled my lethargic body down the stairs to get breakfast. Once I actually got a bowl of cereal I just played with it for 10 minutes, nausea overwhelming me whenever I lifted the spoon to my mouth, so after that time I gave up and it tipped it down the sink.

The bus ride to school was the same as usual, no one I knew took the same route so I just sat in silence with my headphones in and my head nodding. My sleeping routine was fucked up to say the least and falling asleep in class was somewhat of a common occurrence unfortunately.

I walked onto the school property with my head down but I heard someone calling my name.

"Preston! Pressy! Turn around!" I took one earbud out and turned, only to see Rob practically sprinting towards me, waving frantically. He wrapped me in a huge hug, his happy nature temporarily drowning out my numbness.

"Hey Rob." His brown eyes sparkled, but he frowned when he saw that I wasn't smiled. He titled his head.

"You okay?" I nodded.

"Mm fine, just tired." He took my hand and pulled me across the courtyard to the spot where my friends normally hung out and as we got closer I saw the four of my friends gathered in the corner.

Mitch and Jerome were both leaning against the brick wall with their hoods up, Jerome wearing black and Mitch wearing his usual black and red checkered hoodie. Vikk and Lachlan were both sitting cross legged on the floor with books in hand, Lachlan writing with his tongue stuck out and Vikk, his nose stuck in a book.

"Hey guys! We're hereeeeee!!!" Jerome was the only one who looked up and he gave us a salute in acknowledgment before returning to his conversation with Mitch. I felt a little put out, but I slid down the wall to settle down beside Rob and wait for the bell to ring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was walking to the cafeteria before I had my first experience with any of the Sidemen that day. A few of them were in several of my classes but I normally sat at the front, them at the back and with the teachers or my friends around, especially Vikk, they wouldn't try anything.

An elbow was dug into my side and I was sent sprawling into a locker, falling to the ground. I groaned, bringing a hand to the side of my head and wincing and I had landed hard.

"Hey Preston, found your boyfriend yet?" I struggled to my feet and leaned heavily against the locker before looking up to see who had shoved me. It was Simon, Ethan and JJ. Of course it was. They had surrounded me in a ring with Simon in the middle, Ethan on the left and JJ on the right but because all 3 of them were taller than me, it was very intimidating.

(No hate against these three or any of the Sidemen, I love them, but I needed some of them to be the bullies :/)

"I don't have a boyfriend." I mumbled, attempting to push my way out of the ring.