Decisions (Ch 8)

Authors Note: This Chapter is in Cody’s Point Of View.

I landed with a thump onto the outback’s dusty road as I heard what I thought was Jessica’s voice, I’m pretty sure that was Jessica. I need to save her.

I ran as fast as I could not looking back until I reached where Jake and Ali were.

My throat felt dry, my feet where hurting and I was running out of breath. I can’t stop, I won’t stop. Jessica needs me.

In the distance I could see Jake and Alli walking towards me.

 “Cody!! Where have you been? We’ve been so worried about you!” Alli said running towards me and hugging me.

“That doesn’t matter right now, I’ll explain later, but Jessica is in seriously trouble, she’s in a back of a van somewhere in the outback” I said as fast as I could.

“I know Cody, I rang her and this really weird, seedy man answered the phone and told be pretty much everything, it just shows how stupid he is, so I called the police and they’re trying to identify where the van is…” Alli said panicking.

“Oh thank god Alli, but you need to tell them that they’re armed, they injected me with something to knock me out, so I suspect they’ve done the same to Jessica..” I said crying.

“Cody, we’ll sort it, just try and remember which road they went down” Jake said trying to help.

 “Errmmm the one straight ahead from the pier.” I said trying to remember the exact road.

“Cody you look a bit faint would you like some water?” Alli said offering me water.

“Yes please Alli, I think I might need to sit down.” I said as I took the water starting to feel slightly dizzy.

I felt myself fall over, I must have fainted. I could still hear voices.

“Alli, I’ll lift his legs up, you start fanning is face, ok?” Jake said taking control of the situation.

“Ok” Alli said in a shaky manner.

“He must be dehydrated or it might be something to do with the drugs them freakin' idiots gave him.” Jake said getting angry at the fact someone had hurt me.

 I felt my eyes starting to open and I heard two sighs of relief. One from Jake and one from Alli.

“Right sorry about that, but we need to go find Jessica now.” I said as I got up and started walking in the direction of where the van went.

“Cody, mate you’re not walking after what just happened” Jake said whilst restraining me.

Alli pulled her IPhone out of her pocket and started tapping away on the touch screen.

“Hey, mum we need you to drive us to the outback desperately, IMMEDIATELY! Jessica is in serious trouble!” Alli said hyperventilating.

 “Oh no ok, I just hope she’ll be alright by then..” Alli said terrified.

“Mum said that it’s way to dangerous to drive, she said it’ll be pitch black in the outback by now, we have to go first thing in the morning” Alli said letting a tear fall.

“Ohhh crap, I suppose we’ll have to go in the morning then, I just hope my baby will be ok” I started crying, tears were falling like a waterfall, I could control my emotions. I just love Jessica so much. Jake came over and gave me a man hug and Alli joined in, we were all just so scared for Jessica.

I got in and the first thing I heard was “Cody what the hell happened to you?!” Mum said in shock.

“I’ll explain later” I replied and with that I went to bed and cried myself asleep.