thirteen | the payback

————job well done

————
job well done.
————

Parking a few meters away from the safe house, the duo armoured up and skillfully killed the guards commanding one of the entrances. John had gotten to the top to take out the watchmen from the posts on top and Jade had laced all their cars with explosives so they wouldn't slip away this time. Hiding behind one of the large cargo boxes and shooting out the cameras from below, she waited till she heard the running footsteps rushing down the cars. It soon came and the frantic ordering and the explosives had gone off; waves of black smoke and orange flames lit up the dark area as she saw him running toward her direction to the cargo boxes. Coming out of her hiding place, she pointed the gun right towards him as he stopped and backed away in terror. Pointing the gun lower, she pulled the trigger as the bullet shot straight to his gut. Falling down and seeing John walk beside her with his gun pointing down at Iosef's head. The blood spilling right out of his body and all over his hands. "It was just a fucking—" and boom. The trigger goes off on John's account as he shoots him dead. Jade gave off a sigh of relief as Jade took her father's hand and they walked out of the smoke filled building together.

It was an odd feeling Jade had. It was now over; and the just visiting pass ticket had been used—although, she'd not sure if they both can go back, even if they wanted to. Something was coming, but she brushed it off.

~~~~

As the bellhop and ushers had taken most of their luggage outside, Jade followed John to the front desk. There stood a polite Charon, giving a small nod as John slid their room key over the counter, giving him a thanks and in return, sliding their car keys back. "Our pleasure." He returns, sliding a car key not familiar to the Wick duo. Jade looked at Charon with a confused expression as she held the keys from the counter. "A parting gift, from the management. After last night's unfortunate... incident." Charon said apologetically, tilting his head. John gave a small nod as Jade handed the keys to the new car over to her father, and in return, traded the keys to the Dodge. "Thanks Charon." Jade exclaimed warmly as she followed John out. Since they owned too cars, John had ordered Jade to meet him at their 'meeting place.' She complied and got into the car.

~~~~~~