14

"Bye mami! I'm going to school!" I yelled upstairs.

"How are you gonna get there without any bus fair?" She asked, coming down the steps.

"Oh. A um.... A friend of mine offered to drive me to school." I told her, kissing her cheek.

"And what friend is this?" She asked.

"His name is Chresanto." I told her.

"Alright baby. Be careful. And call me if you need anything. Here's some money for lunch." She handed me a $15. I gave her a hug and left the house. I headed to Chres's car that was parked across the street and got in.

"Hey gorgeous." Chres smiled, kissing my lips.

"Hey babe." I greeted him, buckling my seat belt and shoving my lunch money into the front pocket of my backpack. Chres pulled off and began the long drive to school.

"So my family is having a little barbecue this weekend and there's never really that many kids my age. Since you with me now I figured maybe you could come meet my family. Deja's gonna be there too. She has some cousins on my side." He asked. My heart began to pound. What if his parents don't like me? What if I make a bad impression.

"I already know what your thinking. They're going to love you. Your the first boyfriend I bought home but my mom already knows about me. Just say yes babe." He laughed, turning into the school parking lot.

"Fine!" I agreed. He smiled and pulled into a parking spot, turning off the car.

He reached over and pecked my lips before grabbing my bag and putting it on his back and getting out of the car.

"Why don't you have a backpack?" I asked as he grabbed my hand and we walked into the entrance of the school.

"Ion need it. I keep my books in my locker and carry the ones I need." I looked around as we walked down the hall and we got a lot of stares and whispers.

"Aye Chres! Who's the new bitch?" Someone laughed, causing the people around him to laugh.

"Aye why don't you shut up? I wouldn't want to have to leak the dick pics you tried to send to me last month." Chres threatened, causing everyone to laugh at the guy that'd called me a bitch. I felt hurt that I was being called names because I was with Chres.

"Don't worry about him baby. He got a new nigga everyday." He whispered, kissing my cheek as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him as we came over to my locker. He gave me my backpack and I got my necessary books as Rachel, Ray, Myles, and Prod approached.

"Hello love birds." Rachel greeted, hugging us both. Ray, Myles, and Prod just said hi to me and dapped Chres.

"Y'all ain't gonna be like that to him cuz we together. He's still a person." Chres told the guys. They sighed and turned around before facing me with huge smiles.

"OMG! Hey Jacob! How are you doing?" They screamed sarcastically, each of them hugging me. I laughed at their stupidity.

"Do you still need me to show you to your classes or you want Chres to do it?" Rachel asked as we headed to art class.

"I got it." Chres answered, pushing his hand into the back butt pocket of my jeans.

"Alright." Rachel said.

We went to our normal seat in class and sat down, this time Chres took the seat Rachel sat in two days before next to me and Rachel sat in his.

"I see you decided to show up today." The art teacher said, walking over to our table.