Chapter 1, Update 4

"No shit, Sherlock." Jack says sarcastically. "It's  a bike, of course it's faster than your legs." He crosses his arms and leans on the doorframe. Simon looks down at Jack in a joking manner for a second, then speaks.
      "If you have a bike we could ride to Colby's house on em'." Simon says, somewhat changing the subject. Jack walks into the house, motioning for Simon to follow him.
      "I'm pretty sure I do- could you please close the door?" Jack says, slightly mad that neither of them closed the door behind them. With that, Simon quickly shuts the door. "Okay, so I know I have a bike in the garage. Just let me find it and air up the tires first." He jumps over the carpet and opens the door to the garage, going inside to find his bicycle. Simon follows behind slowly, helping Jack look for his bike.
      "Where do you think the last place it could've been is?" Simon questions. "Because how can you lose a bike so easy." He chuckles, digging through a corner to find a pump for the tires. Jack shuffles around the corner and puts his hand against the wall.
      "Found it!" He says, wheeling the bike alongside himself.
      "Now all we need is a pump." Jack checks the time from his phone.
      "We've got about 10 minutes to do this before we should probably leave." Jack implies, also looking for the pump.
      "Oh hey I found the pump. It's in the corner, Jack!" Simon rushes to the corner, grabs the pump and carries it to where Jack's bike stands.
      "I'll pump it up. Lemme know when to stop, though." A couple minutes later, Jack has both of the tires pumped up. He pulls himself up and rolls the bike back to the living room. He looks back at Simon, who's setting the pump back in the corner. "You coming?" Jack asks.
      "Yeah, gimme a sec." Simon smiles, setting the pump down and walking to the door, closing it behind him. Jack rolls his bike outside of the door and motions for Simon to follow him. Simon grabs his bag off of the couch, slings it over his shoulder, and runs out the door. Jack locks the door behind him, hopping onto his bike afterward. He rides to the end of the driveway and Simon gets onto his bike there. "You ready?" He inquires.
      "Ready as I'll ever be." Jack smirks, looking forward. "Ready for the scare of my life." He puts his feet on the pedals  and starts moving slowly as Simon puts his helmet on.
      "Hey! Wait for me!" Simon says, snapping the buckle.
      "Last one there's a rotten egg!" Jack jokingly yells, starting off with a head start. He looks back at Simon, sticking his tongue out at him as Simon struggles to catch up.
      "That wasn't very fair!" He pedals faster as Jack makes a sharp turn.

//488 words//

Chapter 1:
C o n c l u d e d

Choose your friends wisely...