Tomorrow Needs You~ Silz

Hello friends! My name is Silz, and this is the first time I've written an article here. If you guys follow my personal account, you might have already seen something similar, but I hope to expand on it here.

Like many of you, I have suffered from active suicidality, severe anxiety, and obsessive intrusive thoughts. Every day I live with chronic suicidal ideation which is entirely passive and not cause for major concern since I'm in treatment. I have been hospitalized in patient after a botched attempt.

That was in High School. I'm 21 now, slowly slowly making way through college so that I can get a job. I'd like to do an internship someday, and the company I'd like to do it for is To Write Love On Her Arms, aka TWLOHA. And that's where today's article comes in.

TWLOHA is a non profit dedicated to helping those who suffer from depression, self harm, suicide, and all forms of mental illness. It is an awareness program for mental health issues. Every year around this time, TWLOHA drops their new campaign for World Suicide Prevention Day (September 10). And this year's is so wonderful, I wanted to dedicate this chapter to it.

For 2018, the campaign is "Tomorrow Needs You." I couldn't have said it better myself. Tomorrow needs you, it needs me, it needs the boy upstairs and the girl down the street. Often times we struggle to see that we are needed, so this campaign is striving to rectify that.

Every few days until September 10, WSPD, I will be posting on my personal account a reason for why Tomorrow Needs Me

Every few days until September 10, WSPD, I will be posting on my personal account a reason for why Tomorrow Needs Me. I'm also participating on Instagram and Snapchat. I invite you to do the same here.

Here's my first reason:

Let's talk a bit about the reason

Let's talk a bit about the reason. If you're on Wattpad, there's a good chance you're a writer, and so this applies to you, too! Anyone who takes time to mould words into sentences, sentences into paragraphs, paragraphs into chapters, and chapters into books is creating beauty.

The world would be uglier without your work. The world would be darker without that light. And anyone who created beauty must be beautiful themselves, as we cannot create what we do not know.

Suicide is a dark place, and to get out of it the best things are medication and formal therapy. There is no replacement for those. But you can do small things to help yourself.

No one who doesn't want/accept help will ever get better.

Tomorrow needs you. Tomorrow needs you because you bring a unique perspective on life. Tomorrow needs you because you are in a position to be light to others, once you recover. Tomorrow needs you for your story, your laughter, your tears.

 Tomorrow needs you for your story, your laughter, your tears

Recovery is possible, I am living, breathing proof. I have come back from the most evil, darkest places and seen that tomorrow needs me. Tomorrow needs you!

Find a single reason why tomorrow needs you, and fill out that card. Post it on your account. Post it on social media. Post it on your bedroom wall. Because all you need is one reason, and there you have an explanation why you should keep living.

TWLOHA's campaign in 2016 was "And So I Kept Living." I bought the tee shirt (just like this year), and that slogan has stayed with me ever since.

I have relapsed... But I have kept living

I have tried to die... But I have kept living

I have had twice daily panic attacks for months... But I have kept living

I have struggled in school... But I have kept living

I have seen suicides... But I have kept living

I have been diagnosed with BPD... But I have kept living

I have lost faith in myself... But I have kept living

I kept living. Even though I doubted there was a good reason, I kept living. I'd survived one close call, might as well try to survive the next thing my brain throws at me. And now, 8 years after my initial episode, I can say tomorrow needs me, and tomorrow needs you.

Stay alive for yourself. Stay alive for the girl you could save with your own story. Tomorrow. Needs. You. I can't tell your story; I don't know your story.

Tomorrow needs you.

I'll leave you with a song, a song that has become my anthem in this fight for tomorrow. Linkin Park is my favorite band, and when the lead singer Chester Bennington lost his own fight with depression, I cried for days (I cried again when the year anniversary came around a couple weeks ago).

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do.

Love,

Silmarilz1701