Chapter 1

Despite the fact that I had woken up with the cushions I had used to separate my half of the bed from Marcus's knocked off the bed, and with his warm arm around my waist (leading me to shove him off the bed as soon as i noticed despite how nice it felt), I had the best sleep of my life. I guess it was to do with him being my mate, and lets face it he was gorgeous. With that tousled chesnut brown hair that perfectly enhanced his crystal blue eyes...

No! I couldn't think of him like that, yeah he was my mate but there was no way he would want me when he... found out.

I had decided to skip breakfast, opting to instead go out to sit by my old house.

I stared at the rubble that no one wanted to move. The rubble that I had caused.

There wasn't really much there, just a pile of ash with a few things that somehow survived the flames that I knew from experience were far more superior than your average blaze.

I looked down at my gloved hands, clenching them into fists. I couldn't let my powers show. It seemed that I had been given a second chance, a chance to live my life with my mate. I wasn't going to waste it. Maybe if I could just keep them hidden...

Though deep down I knew that was never going to happen. I was never going to be stood in a garden surrounded by a white picket fence watching the pups while Marcus had his hand around my waist. Because everytime I imagined that scenario it always ended in my emotions getting out of check and my powerful flames would burn down my dreams.

"Hey," I heard Marcus say as he sat down beside me on the grass, snapping me out of my harsh daydream.

"Hi." I responded, no emotion in my voice.

"You seem to come down here a lot, do you like bad memories?" He chuckled. Running his fingers through his amazing hair. It was like he was begging me to reach over and touch it.

I turned to face him, "It's more like bad memories like me." I sighed, tucking my hands under my knees.

"Ah," He said. "What kind of bad memories?" He asked, looking at me out the corner of his eye like he was trying to be sneaky.

I didn't say anything. But turned away to face the house again. If you could still call it a house, that is.

"Okay then," He said, standing up, "Do you want to come and meet the pack? They are all at breakfast, it would be the perfect time."

He held out his hand for me to take.

I reluctantly agreed, opting to lift myself up rather than taking his hand, despite the dissapointment I could feel from him, walking with him to the massive kitchens, filled with all the food you could possibly imagine.

The kitchen was huge, like bigger than Marcus's bedroom huge, and wow if you could see his room you would know that was a really big kitchen.

Marcus took my hand, which I quickly whipped out of his grasp, ignoring his hurt expression, even though it pained me to see it.

"I would like to introduce my mate, Rose." He motioned for me to come closer, right where everyone was looking as his loud, authoritive voice immediately got their attention.

I slowly walked up to him and looked out to the masses of people, there must be a few hundred of them, all staring at me making me want to shrink into the size of a pea. I hadn't spoken to anyone in years it was very overwhelming for me, can you blame me for subtly taking a step behind Marcus. Which he noticed and gave me an encouraging smile, which basically forced me to relax.

As I was looking out, ignoring Marcus's talking, my gaze locked on to a man sat all alone.

Despite his age, his dark hair had not gone grey, it was still a healthy brown, albeit it wasn't in good condition, a little too long to look like he cared for his appearance, his eyes were a stunning green. The same colour as mine.