Prologue:Rough Draft (Revised)

Job 1:6-22

Job finished his burnt offerings to God in case his own sons have sinned. He always does this. I know because I was his guardian angel. Job left the solitude of the desert to return to town. I usually followed or kept a safe distance. Two gray hooded figures appeared after him. They drew their weapons ready to strike Job.

I moved without a second thought. Appearing before them to block both their blows. Both of the attackers looked at me with surprise. "I don't know who you two are, but your intentions are clear."

I parry both their swords away with my two single bladed axes. Each of them stumbling backward. No proper footing meant no proper defense. I capitalize on the moment charging both of them. With my right axe I cleanly chopped the right arm of the attacker on my left. I turned to my left striking the other attacker with a horizontal slash. The cut going deep enough to draw massive amounts of blood. My spin completed I faced the second attacker as he bent over in pain. I placed my blade underneath his chin and chopped upward. His head split into two as his body dissolved into light. The first attacker tried to run, but I threw my axe splitting his head open as well his body to dissolve into light.

I thought that was it but I sensed another. A figure dressed in red robes approached me. A couple of steps from my being. She removed her hood revealing a light skinned black woman.

"You are Anubis? Guardian of Job? Correct?" her voice was sweet, but serious. I recognized her as one of the Grigori, angels assigned to be observers.

"Yes I am and you are Sekhmet; the chief of the grigoris?"

"I am." She bowed.

"To what do I owe this visit? Have I done something wrong?"

"No you did nothing wrong, but God made precautions for Job. Have you notice anything different?" she asked.

"Yes. There has been another man. Dressed in black robes, who has been observing Job. He hasn't made any moves and I couldn't tell if someone sent him to watch or do ill will to Job. He's skilled though. I almost didn't sense him at all. Is he friend or foe?"

"Foe." She pointed to Job and four more figures walked past him. Dressed the same way as Sekhmet. Job didn't recognize them. Their presence masked by their abilities. They removed their hoods as well.

"Anubis, one of the greatest army commanders regulated to mere guard duty. I guess you will learn not to mess with the daughters of men." The tall dark skin black man said."But I digress I understand the temptation. You deserve better than this my friend."

"So says an angel of power." I smirked. "This is where you should be, Khonshu. The greatest warrior should be guarding the most sacred of individuals." I bowed greeting them all.

The fat black man raised his head. "Anubis, the black cloak man is not one of us."

"I'm sorry, friend, but who are you?" I asked.

Sekhmet put her hand on the man's shoulder. "This is Thoth an angel of the Cherubim."

"A record keeper? Here at this moment. Sekhmet is the Lord coming? That black cloak man is nothing I or any of us can handle." I looked at her. She was no longer looking at me, but at the black cloaked individual. I still couldn't sense his intent. Very few could hide their presence from me like him. In fact I'm sure the only reason I sensed him at all was because he is leaking trace amounts of energy from him.

"Anubis. The Lord is coming. Can you feel it in the air? That man, as you deducted, has been stalking Job. You have done well, but after Thoth, Sekhmet, and I brought this up to the Lord. The Lord decided to make an appearance." Heqet said. She was thinner and taller than Sekhmet. Both of whom decided to take on female forms.