I just can't trust a 'boy' Chapter 1

"oh shit he saw me.." I said, losing my smile.

He looked back over at the officer, then back to me, and smirked. "oh god.."

He was coming over, I had to escape, the last thing I needed was another earl. (this crazy stalker guy who claimed he was in love with me and that he was a royal from lalaland and I should be his queen and that following me would make me see the truth.). I had no faith in guys anymore. I'd had wayyyy too many bad relationships, whether they were crazy, assholes or asswipes. I'd said that a lot too, whenever my friends tried to set me up, it made them disappointed but 56 failed relationships was enough for me. Guys were nothing but faulty wired testosterone drones.

Geek was running up the pavement to the coffee shop now, I began to hastily fold my laptop and put it away, Ring-a-ling. Door bells, Damn.

"enjoy the show ma'am?" he enquired, leaning over the chair opposite me.

"yeah." I said non-chalantly.

"why so serious?"

"no reason." I stood up,

he looked a little taken aback, but he tried to talk again, "you-"

"stop." I put my hand in front of his mouth, "i don't do 'boys'" I said in airquotes.

I started to walk towards the door, sure that the usual act would scare him off. I was just by the door when a hand held me back gently.

"howabout you pretend im not a 'boy'." Said geek,

"huh?" I turned to him,

"you said you don't do 'boys'. Why not pretend I'm not one, then you can come play with me."

"are you.. really.." there were no words for how weird this was.

"yeah I mean it, I saw you laughing, I know you could be fun." He smiled, "promise I don't have any dirty intentions if that's your issue."

"your crazy." I scoffed,

"I know, better than being boring and sane." He smiled wider,

his smile was kind of contagious.. the corner of my mouth twitched a little, but I stopped it in time thanks to experience with guys kinda like him. None of the guys had ever been like 'him'.

"I have to go to work.." I muttered and tried to leave again, his hand, still on my shoulder, pulled me back again.

"cmon, its Sunday, nobody works today." He said a little bitterly,

"yeah well I do."

"what do you do then?"

"I'm.. an intern."

"for what?" he sounded a little in awe this time.

"I can't tell you everything about me." I said with a smirk.

He smiled back, "fair enough, when are you not working?" it was touching he'd gone on this long.

"hmm.." I said in mock thought, "most Sundays.. some Tuesdays" I smiled,

"workaholic then? Well then howabout Tuesday you come back here?"

i thought about it, cmon alli, how many guys have done this too.. maybe 15? 16? Not worth another shot. Lie. "yeah. Ok." I smiled, then walked out to him waving me off.

Geek's POV

She was walking out the door, man she was pretty, I felt like cupid fired his machine gun of love right through my heart. It kinda hurt, since I knew she must have been lying. I sighed, then someone came up behind me and smacked my ass. "AHH!"

"hey loverboy." Said quincy, my brittish buddy, of Singaporean decent.

Girls loved him and his abs, and then girls squeal over his dodgy dimples.

"you have a problem.. how long you been there?!"

"the whole time brother, she was lying to you ya know?"

"yeah.. but you can never stop hoping can you?"

"I feel bad for you though."

"why!?"

"shes like the first girl you've ever hit on. And you got rejected brother."

"no shes not and I might not have!" I said defensivly

"uh yeah and yeah! Man you're a heartbreaker.."

"im not a player."

"no not a player, a heartbreaker, d'you know how many of those girls we've know have fallen for you!? but you only see them as friends.. and they were H-O-T.. sometimes I wonder if you're a man under those bulging jeans or not."

"you shut your mouth!" I smacked him on the head playfully,

"you grow up!!" he put me in a headlock and we started to struggle.

"take it outside boys." The barista said, shaking his head as he recognized us.

"you got it bevvit!!" we called in unison.