After the Storm (C1)

¤Aaliyahs P.O.V (13)¤

After the incident in the forest that night I hadn't left my room. His words still echoed in my brain. It really had taken a toll on me. Just for once I felt I could actually fit in. I felt like a real wolf. I thought I'd found my mate, but instead I was yelled at and humiliated. I didn't tell my parents what happened that night, I also hadn't told them about how broken I felt, how cold my heart was. The only person I'd spoken to was Si , I told her what happened and she wiped every fallen tear.

My 14th birthday was a drag. I spent the whole day locked up in my room scared of breaking down in the middle of the happy birthday song or being bombarded with questions from my parents.

I was lying on my bed looking at the ceiling through puffy eyes when I heard a knock on my door "who is it" I call out as I walk over to the door trying to sound as normal as possible "it's me" I hear Jordan say attempting to make his voice deeper than it actually is "what is it?" I ask pressing my head against the door "I have a surprise for you.." ughhhh my stupid curiosity.

I open the door to see him standing there empty handed "whats the surprise" I narrow my eyes at him "I'm the surprise" he says opening his arms. I slam the door in his face "Cmon liyah" he says reopening the door "leave me alone" I lay back on my bed "I heard what happened in the forest" he says jumping in my bed and laying next to me. I ignore his comment and continue looking at the ceiling "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner we had pack training an-" I cut him off "its fine. I'm fine. everything is just fine" I huff as I sit up "I'm sorry liyah" he sits up and puts his arm around me " it's not your fault," I say leaning into him "I swear to god I'll rip his fuc-" just as he's about to curse Si rushes into the room panting "mom" breathes "and" huffs " dad" pants again "want us downstairs" she finishes "oh crap I walked in on something didn't I" she looks at me and Jordan "No everything's fine ill be down in a minute" I smile suddenly feeling better "are you sure" she asks sympathetically "yeah I'm fine" I nod smiling, she just smiles in response and walks out.

Somehow Jordan always knows how to make me feel better just by being around "thanks J" I hug him "I didn't even do anything" he laughs "I know but thanks for caring" I smile into his shoulder before going to see what my parents wanted.

"WHAT WHY?" Sienna shouts back to our parents which normally isn't like her "Now calm down it'd only be for a few months until we can control this alpha situation with the other packs" my mom says trying to play it down "So you're sending us away who cares about the other pa-" my dad grunts before cutting me off "That is not an option if we lose our allies we risk becoming vulnerable" he replies "But daddy I love being here, I need to be here with you guys and the packs and what about Sienna all her drawing things are here and we don't even know these new people" I argue "Aw sweetheart we know, but trust me you'll be fine. the coven will keep you safe" my mom says hugging me "Coven?" I ask taking a step back "The crescent witches" my mom smiles.

The mention of the crescent witches lightens my mood a bit, the leader of the coven Tahlia is my lunas closest friend, Aunt Tahlia has always said she believed I could be the first female alpha and just the way she said it she made me believe for a brief second that I actually could. Her daughters were one of the only friends outside of the pack I had when I was younger, they were both witches.

I remember the first time they showed me their magic I almost couldn't breathe it was so surreal. Celeste (the older sister) could make fallen leaves fly at first, then her magic started to grow, her spells grew into making dead roses colourful and healthy again, after that she could do all kinds of things. Maria (the younger sister) was named after my mom, the first thing she learnt to do was make herself invisible, but that's all I could remember up to. I really did miss them I haven't seen them since they begun their training a few years ago.

With no room left for arguments me and Si returned to our rooms and began to pack. I only pack my necessities. I knew we'd be able to buy other things in the town near the covens house.

From what I remember the town was always so lively there would be music playing, people dancing, lots of laughter, it always seemed like a better place to be. I'm almost done packing when I hear a knock on the door "Come in" I call. I hear the door squeak open followed by footsteps "What is it Jordan" the footsteps stop "How'd you know it was me" he asks since my back was still to him "Well you knocked so it obviously wasn't my parents or Si and your quiet footsteps I knew it was you" He just laughs "Goshhh I'm gonna miss you little brain box" I guess my parents told the pack. he rushes up and hugs me from behind "I'm gonna miss you too J" I say as he fixes his head in the crook of my neck "Don't leave me here with all those bullies" he says into my neck talking about the older trainees in our pack "Hey don't have too much fun without me" I say as I turn around and place my hands on the sides of his face "I promise I won't" I drop his face as he smiles "And don't grow up too  quickly" he adds punching me in the arm "Hopefully you grow by the time I get back" I ruffle his hair and run off before he can tickle me.