❊ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ ❊

When the alarm went off the next morning, I was prepared. I rolled off the bed - literally - and landed on the floor, successfully cutting off the sound of the alarm. I snickered into the plush carpet, my eyes still closed. Even though I reluctantly signed the paperwork, I didn't truly agree to everything. I told Enzo that, too. When he asked what I didn't agree to, I told him he would find out.

And find out he did.

I had fallen back asleep on the floor with the covers still wrapped around me to keep the chill off. It was still an ungodly hour when a throat clearing made me peek one eye open. He was standing in my doorway, leaning up against the door frame with a dark eyebrow cocked up in challenge. I immediately closed my eye again and pretended to have not noticed him.

The next time I peeked, he was kneeling before me, his arms slung over his bent knees and his head tilted with that damn expression on his face.

"You look better when you smile," I said groggily.

"You look better when you do as you're told."

I sputtered a laugh and turned away from him, only for him to turn me back to give me an even harsher scowl.

"How was your breakfast?" I grinned. "Sorry I couldn't attend."

"Oh, no, Eva." He grinned back and my breath caught. "You haven't missed it. I came to personally wake you up when I saw Sophia panicking outside your door."

I glanced past him to see Sophia smiling shyly at me. She was getting closer and closer to the shit list.

"I'll have to get you a better alarm." He stood.

I only stood because I didn't like to be looked down upon. Well, more than he normally did. The guy was pretty freaking tall, even compared to my five-seven.

"Go shower," He ordered, turning away from me.

I stood my ground, watching him as he made his way to my door. When he reached it, he slowly turned and looked at me from the corner of his eye, a challenge clear within them. I was all for challenges, especially with this man. He was just so fun to aggravate. I was pretty sure that it was beginning to become a fetish of mine.

"I will force you into the shower if it comes down to it, Eva," he threatened.

I sputtered a laugh. "I would love to see you try that, Enzo!"

He turned fully to face me and I saw Sophia's face turn beet red. She sent a shocked look at me, which I wanted to return as he walked closer to me. But, unlike her, I knew how to hide my emotions. I wondered if he would really try to throw me into the shower or if it was just a threat to see how far I'd push him.

When he reached me, I fought the urge to take a step away from him. And when he threw me over his shoulder and began walking to the bathroom, my eyes finally widened and I turned my horrified gaze to Sophia. She was covering her mouth with her hand, but the shit-eating grin hidden behind it wasn't masked well enough.

I flipped her the bird as the door shut behind Enzo and me.

He carried me to the bath and turned on the water, never once letting me go. I began to squirm, which only made his grip on the backs of my thighs to tighten. He held me there, watching as the water rose in the bath.

"E-Enzo," I stuttered and absolutely hated myself for it.

I was pretty sure he chuckled at my expense, which only made me start hitting his back. "Put me down, you rich bastard!"

"'Kay." He set me down.

In the ice-cold water.

With my clothes on.

I screeched and stood, already shivering. The feel of the air conditioning on my thin night clothes only making me colder.

"Hm." He tilted his head, surveying me. "You don't wear a bra when you sleep?"

Who in their right mind wore a bra when they slept?

I lowered my gaze slowly, hoping and praying that I wasn't wearing my normal white tank top without a bra on. And of course, I was. Of course. And he noticed.

Wait.

I covered myself and shot a look at him. "You looked!"

His eyes glittered in amusement as he turned to leave the bathroom. "I did. But only because you seemed so vexed the last time your body was visible to me and I didn't look. Women and their mixed signals."

I gaped at him and he winked. He turned and walked out of the bathroom, leaving me standing in the cold water with soaked clothes. I looked down again before covering my face and laughing. I was so wrong about him. He wasn't the normal uptight rich piece of shit that I thought he was. He had a playful side and that in itself moved him away from the number one spot on my shit list.

I showered quickly and threw on my uniform before throwing my still-wet hair up into a tight bun. I walked out of my bedroom to come face to face with Sophia, who still had a shit-eating grin gracing her face. I, once again, flipped her off and made my way to the kitchen.

"I have never seen him smile like that." She whispered, giggling like a schoolgirl. "What did he do to you in that bathroom?"

"The bastard threw me into ice-cold water with my clothes still on. Then commented on the fact that I wasn't wearing a bra."

Her giggles ceased, but only for a second before she had to stop walking to lean against the wall and laugh. The girl was easily amused.

I waited until her laughs died down, a smile on my own face. I could see the two of us being friends, especially after everything was said and done. She was pretty cool and she laughed easily, which boosted my confidence. She made me believe that I could make it as a comedian.

We were late to grab the coffees and waters from the kitchen, but Enzo and his three other guests didn't seem to notice. Sophia and I set down waters and coffees in front of each person.

Enzo glanced up at me. "I assume you are warm now?"

I hid my grin. "I am. No thanks to you."

His lip twitched and he looked down at his coffee to hide the expression on his face. The little shit.