I was pondering what he had said about everything. It was really so incredible that our partners could gain magic through our bond. While I was thinking, I found I had been transported to another place. It looked like the training grounds for the Air Riders, but I wondered why it had been this particular element. Maybe it could be because Raven's mark was the one of the Air Riders. Who knows?

I brought my attention to the teacher. She looked about twenty, and had short, wavy, blonde hair, that didn't seem as if it could be tamed. She was wearing a pastel pink armor, decorated with gold. The dragon behind her was also pastel pink, the same color as her armor.

"My name is Victoria Young, and I am going to be your teacher, in the area of Air Rider magic. I have been a Rider since I was seventeen, meaning that I've been a Rider for about forty years, since I am sixty seven, but as with all Riders, it doesn't look like it. You might know that I'm married to Adrian Sorin, the teacher for the Fire Riders. Of course, I also have to mention my partner. This is Nimbus, and he will be working with your own dragons, while we work here."

I got the impression that Victoria was a really nice person, but at the same time could be strict, in order to help her students grow.

"Today I'm going to be teaching you about the basics of Air Rider's magic. You might expect to study a lot of theory, but in reality, the only way to learn magic, is by doing magic."

I was really liking Victoria as a teacher. She seemed really knowledgeable, and I could tell that she was a really great teacher.

"The rules of magic are extremely clear. First, magic costs energy. The harder the spell, the more energy it will cost. Even the most basic spell, which is the levitation spell, that I will teach you today if we have time, if used to much, will deplete your energy to the point of magical exhaustion. Second, you are forbidden to use magic outside of class until you graduate, unless you are in a life-threatening situation must use magic to defend yourselves. Third, you must not, under any circumstance, tell anyone that you are a Dragon Rider. Before you ask, not even your own family or significant other, unless they are Dragon Riders themselves."

Some of the students looked sad that they wouldn't be able to tell anyone. I could understand how hard it was for them to have to keep a secret this big from everyone they knew.

"These are the basic rules. Some rules are specific to each element of magic, or to a particular spell. Those, you will learn later on. For now, you are going to learn the levitation spell. Levis. You've noticed the spell comes from Latin. To perform it, you're going to concentrate on the object, extend the palm with your Rider Mark, and visualize air pockets supporting the object in the air. Then, say Levis."

The students did as she said, and some of them were able to lift the object a little others didn't, but kept on trying.

"Now, try to manipulate the air pockets to move the object around."

Again, some of them were able, some others weren't. Victoria dismissed them, and I found myself waking up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isaldrí was also waking up. I wondered if she had the same dream I did.

"Morning. Did you have a strange dream about the Riders?"

"Yes, I did actually. It really is incredible that our Riders have magic because of us."

"How are we going to tell Valerie and Raven anyways?" I asked. " I mean, it's going to come as quite a shock to them. They probably never expected magic."

"Actually, Valerie did. She asked me about it a while ago. I think it was on one of our first flights."

"Really?"

"Yes. I suppose it came from reading so many books about Dragon Riders."

"That makes sense. Specially since Valerie has always loved fantasy."

"Anyways, back to the question of how are we going to tell them. What should we do Isaldrí?"

She suggested that we should probably just say it out right. I mean, Valerie was already expecting it, so it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Valerie's POV:

For the past few months, everything had been all right with our dragons. Even if Anne reacted a little weird at first, she didn't mind that much, and anyways, no one would ever take her spot away, as the best rider in the stables. Me and Raven we're heading to the clearing come to practice some more flight tricks with our dragons. Raven had been getting really good at it. Amethyst was even more athletic than Isdalrí, something that I did not believe possible.

When we got there, our dragons greeted us, but told us not to get their saddles since they had important news.

"Last night, we both had a dream. The weird thing was that it seemed to be more like a memory. It was from the times of the Dragon Riders of old."

Hi guys,I hope you liked this chapter. It is the longest I've written so far for this. I am also going to have an updating schedule from now on. It will be either Wednesdays or Fridays. Maybe both. Remember to vote and comment if you think it deserves it, and tell me what you think about this revelation.

~Valerie.

Ps: For Inheritance Cycle and Air Awakens fans, did you get the references?