9: Followed

_________________________

1 Week.  

7 Days.  

168 hours.

That's how long it's been since I've talked to Gabriel. Nobody can even begin to understand how much pain I'm in. I'm a mess.  

I didn't realise how bad I was going to be until it finally hit me last Tuesday morning.  

I went to school on Tuesday but Wednesday I physically couldn't be bothered. I was emotionally drained.  

I haven't been paying attention in class, the teachers have been angry at me for sleeping, the teachers have been angry at me for not participating and some of the teachers are even angry at me for participating!  

I can't get anything right!  

It's like Gabriel was my only source of water. And that only source of water had dried up and now I was dying. That's what it honestly felt like. I was dehydrated. And I needed Gabriel to live.  

Technically, I was avoiding him. I couldn't bare to look at someone I knew I'd hurt. But maybe he was avoiding me a little. Not as much as I'm doing now. I mean I did hurt him. I saw his face when I said it to him.

I feel so stupid. This is my entire fault.  I'm the one stupid enough to say that "We should stay friends."  

Worst line ever.  

And it ruined everything.

What makes it worse is that it's my time of the month.  

Yep! Exactly. So I'm a worse than shit mood now.

It's lunch and I was in the school library today. I hadn't had lunch with my group or any other person since Monday. I decided earlier that I would wear my purple Nike hoodie and jeans; nothing special just the casual stuff.  

My earphones were in and I was reading one of the books from Darren Shan Saga's called Cirque Du Freak.  

The two chairs opposite me pulled out.  I looked up hoping to see those familiar blue eyes but saw Megan and Tracey.  

I ignored them and continued reading.  

Megan pulled my earphones out.  

"Oh my god! Tracey, do you remember who this is in front of us?" Megan said in a sarcastic tone.  

"No way, it's... what's her name again? It's just been so long since I've seen her."  

I clenched my jaw.  

Megan started clicking her fingers. Repeatedly.  

Over and over and over and over again.

My hand started itching. The stupid rash on my hand had gotten worse. I ignored it and clenched my fist.

Then she banged her hand on the table and said, "Oh yeah! It's Alexis Gardiner!"  

I shut the book forcefully and gave them my undivided attention. "What?" I snapped.  

Megan frowned. "How are you?"  

Oh, so now she's nice?  

Tracey spoke. "We haven't really seen you. You've been a zombie during classes."  

I shrugged. "Yeah, well, I'm tired."  

Both Trace and Meg frowned.  

"We don't like seeing you like this." Trace said.