Chapter 1

Lauryns POV

Today, July 24th was my sixteenth birthday. The best birthday I possibly could have.

My mom walked into my room while I was looking at my clothes and sat on my bed.

"Happy Birthday honey!" She said with a smile.

"Thanks Mom!" I said as I sat next to her. I noticed that she had a sad expression and I got worried. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry Lauryn, we couldn't get you Magcon tickets for this weekend. I know you really wanted to go with Amelia, Olivia, and Carter but it just didn't work." my beautiful, brunette, blue-eyed mom told me. It made me feel so guilty seeing a sad face on her.

"Mom, it's okay. I know you tri-" she cut me off.

"But we did get you this." she handed me a an envelope with my name written on the front. I looked at her suspiciously. I looked back down at the envelope and opened it. Once I broke the seal and saw a red corner, and at that moment I knew exactly what it was.

"Oh my gosh mom! You did get me Magcon tickets! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" I gave my mom a huge hug. Even though I was sixteen, I had a huge crush on the Magcon boys. I might sound cheesy but they helped me through tough times and I know they are always there to make me smile. Cameron Dallas and Nash Grier are always my favorites but I love Shawn Mendes and Aaron Carpneter. All I wanted from at least one of them was a hug, an autograph, and maybe a picture. No words could explain how excited I was that I finally meet my inspirations.

I sat back down next to my mom after I had my Fangirl session. The tickets were so beautiful. But there were five tickets and that wasn't right.

"Mom, why are there five tickets? I only wanted four. You didn't have to."

"Well I was thinking you could bring one more friend. And it was a better deal to buy five." my mom would do anything to save money.

"Thanks so much Mom." I gave her one last hug before I went to get ready.

I went into my gold and coral themed bathroom that I share with my 18 year old sister Mariah. Mariah had blonde natural wavy hair, gorgeous blue yes like my mom, perfect teeth, and was about 5'5". I looked up to her so much and I loved her so much. She is my best friend.

"Happy Birthday Lauryn!" Mariah came in the bathroom behind me.

"Thanks! Can you bring me to LuLu Beans around 10? Oh yeah, thanks for the gift."

"You're welcome. And yeah, that wouldnt be a problem." With that she walked out.

I took my iPhone 5 off the charger and immediately called my best friend Olivia.

*ring ring rin- *

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURYN!!" Olivia screamed from the other end of the line.

"Hahaha thanks. Love you. But I have some big news!!"

"What?!"

"I can't tell you yet but tell Ameilia, Carter, and Emilee to meet at LuLu Beans at 10." LuLu Beans was our local coffee shop were everyone got together.

"Oh my gosh. I can't handle secrets! but yes I'll tell them."

"I know you can't! Thanks love. See you then."

"Byee" Olivia said right before we hung up. I looked at the time and saw it was 9:17. Not enough time to shower so I sprayed some dry shampoo into my long brunette, naturally highlighted hair. I gathered it all in to a high ponytail and found a bow to accent it. I brushed my teeth, put some concealer and foundation on, swiped on some mascara and headed into my room.

I put on some music and the first song that played was "Birthday" by Katy Perry. How ironic. I went to my closet and pulled on my dark washed jeans with a couple rips in them. I put on my white transparent shirt that said "I'm 16" and my pink converse. After I was all ready I headed down stairs for some breakfast. As I entered our kitchen I was swarmed with birthday wishes. My tall, handsome dad gave me a hug and a little box and our black lab Charlie gave me a slobbery kiss.

"What's this?" I asked confused.

"It's a sweet sixteen present to my sweet sixteen year old." he placed a kiss on the top of my head. "My baby girl is growing up so fast" he wiped a fake tear from his cheek and I just laughed at him. "Okay now open it."

"Okay, but one question. This is just from you Dad?" He nodded but someone yelled something from behind us.

"IT'S FROM ME TOO CAUSE YOU KNOW, I'M JUST THAT THOUGHTFULL AND AWESOME!" My little brother Austin, who was 13, screamed as he gave me a smirk. He was a devil and the most annoying brother in the world but he was the clown of the family and could make anyone laugh. He was also a sports nerd. He ate, slpet, and breathed sports. I gave him a sarcastic smile and resumed opening my dad's present.

The box was squared like a ring box. There was a pink ribbon tied around it too. Once I got the ribbon off I opened the box. Inside was a necklace in the shape of a heart. Engraved in it was "Daddy's Little Girl" and the back said "Lauryn 7.24.98". My dad gave one of these to Mariah when she turned 16 but the back of hers says "Mariah 1.8.96".

"Dad, its so beautiful. Thank you so much. I love you." I walked over to him and gave him a big hug. "Mom, I'm going to LuLu's to meet my friends to tell them about Magcon. Is that okay? Mariah will bring me."

"Sounds fine" she answered while sipping her coffee.

The clock said 9:49 after I had a little something to eat. I grabbed my purse and phone and found Mariah in the living room. She was reading The Fault In Our Stars, her favorite book. I got her attention and we were off.

A/N

Hey guys! This is my first book so I'm sorry if it sucks. The first chapter is kinda boring but I promise it gets better. I have A LOT planned so bare with me!

Love you!<3