Dreams and Nightmares

Start from the beginning

"Where. Is. He?" the girl suddenly sounded angry, referring to Yen Sid. "And Blue... she told me to do it... She said she found him but then she throws him to the front line like that...?"

"Jackie~" Woody worriedly called to her, even as she paced. She could very well kick him. "Don't think that they believe this is all right. But we never had any choice..."

"You heard her too, didn't you, Woody...? That... we have to make it look like she's winning." Sarah began to realize while rolling the necklace in her hands.

"As crazy as it sounds, it might be just the thing..." another voice came out of nowhere, belonging to Buzz Lightyear.

"Huh?"

"Hi," greeted the cowgirl, Jessie as she helped a whole lot of live Toys from behind one of the drawers.

"Oh..." Sarah sighed, as she kneeled down. "... I remember all of you." she then smiled at them.

"This is a first for us," the Potato spoke with a roll of his removable eyes.

"You're not scared of us!" the spry dinosaur, Rex piped up.

"Guys. I'd like you all to meet Sarah Jackson..." Woody spoke, almost tearfully as it sounded.

"Oh! We never had a kid actually talk to us before... It feels almost too good to be true!" Rex bounced up and down.

"Well, pretty much everything I've seen is too good to be true... What are you guys doing in here? Are you hiding too?"

"Well, all we can really do is talk and walk around. Talking isn't much of a helpful ability here." Potato Head huffed with crossed arms.

"I get you. Looks like we're all in the same spot as before... Trapped."

"Hey, what's the matter?" the cowgirl asked, seeing the girl's honest tears.

"I have friends out there," Sarah replied. "Quasi just shut me in, and Dreamer— I didn't want him to go... This thing is getting so cold—"

The reason for that feeling though was relentless fear torturing the heart of the rescued Imaginary as he did all that he knew he had to distract the dark Sorcerer away from those at the top of the Mountain, not realizing that he was a target of interest. Once Jafar had broken his fall by changing into a thick cloud of red mist, Dreamer made his way to the farthest he could go, towards the empty mall. Granted, he was not as efficient as Figment who knew his way around, but he had his own ideas... The moment they were over the buildings and crossing all the way to Paradise Pier which laid silent, Dreamer dived down before he was struck by more magic. From the bird, he became a dolphin, taking a direct dive into the shallow waters of the pier. At first, Jafar was left with nothing before the water began to churn and float unnaturally. Figment gave a helping hand, fiddling with the inner workings of the World of Color fountains having them randomly shoot high into the air, blast through Jafar's smoky form. One of the pyrotechnics were activated, lighting the water just enough for Dreamer to be seen. The water was bent to his will and created a wall in front of the Sorcerer long enough for him to fly out of the water on the wings of a Pegasus. Together, the two brought so much of the water forward that it completely trapped the morphing Sorcerer in a giant orb before it was let down and fell into a heap back into the pool. Jafar could not be seen anymore. The whole scene was witnessed by hapless cast members and lingering guests, in awe, a few of them slowly sauntered out not realizing of the potential danger.

Dreamer flew and landed atop the Ferris Wheel, able to see all across to the Matterhorn and onward. He was close to going back before something came up behind him and nearly snagged his tail! He disappeared immediately when another blast of light struck the monster sneaking up the ride. Right when he got the right moment, Jafar got a hold onto the Imaginary. Or so he thought. Jafar only got hold of a ratty checkered jacket that vanished in a blink of an eye.