I Do? Don't I? - Chapter 9

Flora p.o.v

I must have slept about 3 hours in the last two days, Harry ended up getting food posining from those fucking prawns, and obviously he can't do a thing now, apart from puke, and the kids are driving me mad, because I literally can't get out of the house with them as Harry is too sick to leave.

As well as that I've been doing my best to keep up with the housework and stuff as well as trying to continue with the wedding plans. 

I head into the bedroom with a fresh load of ironing I've just done. I hear the familliar sound of Harry coughing  up his guts, I actually hate vomit, I was phobic about it but I've kind of learned to deal with it over the last 48 hours.

"You okay?" I ask through the door. 

"Yeah give me a sec.." I hear his voice, it's so deep it's barely audiable and all shaky, I hate seeing him like this, it's like he's helpless, it almost upsets me.

I stand outside the door until I hear the lock go.

He's all pale and I can see the layer of sweat on his forehead, I help him back to bed, and lay him down, he's hot aswell as sweaty, his top is already off and so are his trackies, there isn't much else I can do, I head over to the window and open it as wide as it will go. 

"Shall I get the fan?" I ask. 

"No,seriously it's fine, stop worrying about me" He says. 

"Harry, you are in no position to tell me what to do!" I say bossily, and he hardly is he can't even form words. 

"Fine" He just about smiles. 

"Do you think you could manage a drink of water?" I ask. I'm trying to pay attention to him now the kids are in bed, my time has been too split. 

"Yeah.. I guess so.." He says quietly. I go downstairs silently, the last thing I need is the kids awake. Even though it's only just 9. 

I get some water and the pills the doctor told him to take to assist the bacteria in leaving his body. 

I take the water back and help him sit up, sitting on the edge of the bed, I put a cool hand on his sweaty forehead. 

"How you feeling?" I ask. 

"Well, I don't want anymore water" He sighs, bless him even water makes him feel sick. 

"Stick it out Haz, you'll be okay" I say stroking his curls.

He closes his eyes. 

"Get some sleep" I whisper kissing his forehead, and honestly I don't care that he's all clammy. I sit by him watching his weak breathing for a bit before I'm sure he's definitely asleep, then I leave silently. 

Finally some time to myself. I head downstairs, and sit on the sofa, putting my face in my hands, I can't even function, you'd think my natural insticts would be to sleep. But I don't even know what I want.  

My phone goes off but I ignore it, then simultaneously followed by the door. I ignore the door two but it seems the caller is persistent. 

"Ugh what?" I shout as I go to answer it, I don't care if I'm being rude. I open it to Louis. 

"Wow Flora you look like shit" He smiles pushing his way past. 

"What do you want Tomlinson?" I ask sighing and pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"Lauren wanted me to check on you, shit we're so sorry about those prawns" He says. 

"It's fine, don't worry" I say shutting the door. 

"How is he?" Asks Louis.

"Emm, he's okay, he will be soon" I say. Sitting down on the sofa. 

"Okay..are you alright?" He asks. 

"Well that's debateable" I shrug with a hint of a smile. 

"I'll take that as a no then?" He says. 

"No, I'll live, don't worry about me" I say getting up as he follows me into the kitchen and I put the kettle on. 

"we'll have the kids for a bit? It must be difficult" He says. 

"No honestly, it's fine" I sigh, getting some paracetomol to calm my stomach ache. 

"Why are you drugging yourself up then?" Asks Louis, sipping his cup of tea. 

"Because I feel ill, okay medication police?" I roll my eyes. 

"Fine, well just promise you'll let us know if you need some help?" He says, being serious this time, looking right at me with his blue eyes. 

"Promise" I nod. 

We talk for a little longer, mostly him trying to cheer me up. By the end though I feel worse than ever. I say goodbye to him at the door, and sink down, letting the tears fall anyway, the door goes again. 

"Shit" I mutter wiping my eyes furiously, but I can't really stint the flow of tears that have been threatening for ages. 

"Hey, Flora sorry, I forgot my car key- Woah! what's wrong, I thought you were 'okay'!?" He says pulling me into a secure hug as he steps through the door.

"I know, I am, I'm just a bit emotional...." I say still crying anyway. 

"Don't feed me that shit, what's really wrong?" He pulls me into the living room and sits me down arm still comfortingly around my shoulders.

"Just, stress, like I can't think about the wedding when Harry is this ill? And food posining can be really dangerous, and kids are driving me mad and I hate not being in control you know that" I say to him wiping my eyes. 

"Look, I asked you if you were okay and you said you were, but it's obvious you're not! we'll come round tommorow morning and look after the kids until Harry's better" He says. 

"No Louis I ca-" I start but he cuts me off. 

"Flora, no okay it's obvious, you have too much on your plate, just let us help you out, god you're so stubborn!" He laughs. 

"Mnngh, okay fine" I huff, he wipes the last tear from my cheek, gives me one last squeeze and then leaves. 

"Floz, I gotta get going, I WILL see you tommorow morning" He says. I nod giving in and letting him out with a greatful smile.