clararicks1 presents: And Then It Rained. A Rain Again Spin-off

Start from the beginning

He scrambled to his feet before she could.

He blinked and took a long look of her. She was sitting on the ground, scuffling with her gown. Her shrill veil was pasted messily to her equally messy hair—both dripping wet due to the pouring rain. When she paused and looked up at him, her eyes looked so sad, it seemed as though someone had sucked her very soul out of her body. But even with the severe gloom coated all over her features she still looked as beautiful she used to look so many years ago.

However, he knew better. She was one ugly person underneath all that heavenly beauty.

He didn't give her a hand of help when she got to her feet with great difficulty, she hadn't given him one when he was fallen in the same way.

He turned around before she had the chance to talk to him.

It was quite obvious that something terrible had happened with her. She was in some sort of trouble perhaps. Otherwise no sane woman would run on a pavement in their bridal attire, crash into people, and then stand in pouring rain.

Had she run away from her own wedding?

He started walking away, shaking his head. He didn't want to know.

It was important that he run away from her now.

But then she called out his name. "Victor."

Her voice was so hoarse that it made him halt.

Was she crying?

"It's happening," she said, her voice shaking. Lightning flashed above them, splitting the sky in two. "Karma is finally ruining me. You were right."

He looked over his shoulder and saw she was inching closer to him.

"I'm glad. Now go home, Victoria," he said simply.

The thunder cracked down to earth at last, much later than its brilliant prelude.

She stopped dead in her tracks.

As she started shaking her head, her eyes crinkling at the corners, he turned a bit towards her. He could tell she was crying despite the rain hiding her tears well, and he didn't like how he felt about it.

"I'm afraid I don't have a home to go back to."

Why was she telling him all this?

Something twisted inside his chest. He internally groaned. Argh. No no no. He shouldn't think about helping her, he shouldn't.

Ellie had named him the savior of all damsels. All his staff adored him and then made fun of him due to his habit of helping people left and right. He had rescued a good number of people—topping the list was Kate.

But there was this one person in the world he refused to rescue.

Victoria Davies was more of his worst nemesis than a regular damsel. Hell, she was anything but a damsel. And as far as he knew, her family was one of the wealthiest in the city, she had made sure to rub it across his face seven years ago. How could he ever forget that! He wondered what twist had gone off for her to now stand before him, looking this broken.

Rain had stopped at some uncertain point. He swiped his hands across his face, wiping the droplets of rain. Shoving his hands angrily inside his pockets then he pulled out some money, he stormed down the small distance between them and thrust them in her unsuspecting hands.

"Here, take this." The money would at least help her get to a hotel or somewhere for the time being. He refused to take her to his home. Anyone else but her.