Chapter 12

I heard footsteps at the doorway. Turing around I look at Alexander and smile, "He's finally asleep."

   He nods, "Come, let's get you some tea." I nod my head and over to him at the door. I shut off the light and left the door opened.

   "You did great today." He whispered

  I turned and look at him. "You did great today. I didn't do anything."

  He shakes his head, "No. You were calm."

   I shake my head wishing it was so. "What's your definition of calm? Crying, panicking, thinking something serious was wrong."

  "Those are all motherly responses." He responded slowly.

   I laugh cynically, "Motherly responses? If there was anything tonight taught me, it's that I'm not going to be a good mother."

 "This is experience. It will help you when it's your time."

  I laugh at his words. Like that will ever happen.

  "I'm never getting pregnant."

  "What do you mean?"

  "Well. For starters, you have to have a man to get pregnant. At the rate my life is going I'm surprised I even have a dog." I shared since that was exactly how I felt. My life wasn't moving in any way possible.

"So, you do wanna have a baby?" he asked with knit eyebrows.

   I shrug, "Well, I would like to but because of the circumstances in my life it doesn't really allow much of a life."

 "What type of circumstances?" I frown at his question. I didn't have a specific answer to it since they were so many things in my life that restricted me from having a child.

   I sigh, "Sometimes I work very late. I don't have a boyfriend. I don't have the money. I just...there are so many things." Things that I wasn't ready to share with anyone.

   "Ah, I see." But I knew he didn't, base on his tone. He didn't understand even if he wanted to.

 "You have a seat, I'll make the tea." He said as we entered the kitchen. I followed his command and sat around the island. "What type of tea do you like?"

  "I'm not picky." I tried my best not to be picky when it came to food since I never know how my circumstances might be tomorrow. If didn't like something, I stayed humble and take it anyways.

   "I'll go with Chamomile. It will help to calm you down and help with the cold as well." I offered a small smile. He knew so much. He walked over to the cupboard and took out the kettle then walked over to the pipe. He plugged in the electric kettle then walked over to me and sat beside me.

"Tell me about yourself." He questioned.

   I placed my head on my hands, "You know everything me. You should tell me about you."

   He shakes his head, "I don't know everything about you. I only know the surface, the details not anything personal." Why would he wanna know anything personal about me? The only reason I was in his house was because my sister got pregnant by his father and he needed me to play nanny.

  "There is nothing personal about me."

  He chuckles and shakes his head, "What are your likes? Dislikes? Those things."

   I raised my eyebrows and start thinking, "I love food. I love painting and reading...yeah...that's about it."

He laughs, "Is that it?"