CHAPTER 6 : DAY OUT WITH THE AUTHOR

Collecting the file with the required details of the deal from Anna, Avni headed downstairs. strings of thoughts ran through her mind as she waited by the sidewalk ; mentally preparing herself to pitch a perfect proposal, one that he won't be able to refuse.

Giving a break to her train of thoughts, a sports bike screeched to a stop infront of her.She took one look at the helmet clad driver and his bike and moved a few steps to the right ; the guy must have mistaken her for someone else ,she thought to herself.
Strangely enough the bike moved with her and came to a stop infront her yet again.Not wanting to create a fuss over it, she moved a little farther brushing it off as a coincidence.But much to her annoyance, the biker stopped infront of her again.Not waiting for him to remove his helmet, she bursted out on him.

'' Samajh nai aa rha( can't you understand) ?? I'm not interested in whatever little act you are trying to pull off.Back off. '' As she walked away hastily she heard him call her out.

'' Avni''

She turned around instantly to see the face inside the helmet.

'' Tum!!!! ( You!! )''

'' Yeah! Tumhe kya laga koi road side romeo hai? ( You thought I'm some roadside romeo?) '' he raised his eyebrows at her with a smirk on his face.

'' How was I supposed to know its you? ''

'' Look at your watch '' he replied calmly.

'' What?'' she looked at him confused.

'' Look at the time. 8 am sharp like you said .Punctuality you see. ''

''Show off '' she muttered in an indistinct voice.

''Lets go then.'' he gestured her to sit as he restarted his bike.

'' Where's your car? No problem, I'll book a cab for us .'' She grabbed her from her bag to look for a cab.

'' Oh! You won't need that'' he snatched her phone away before she could proceed with the booking. '' We are going by bike.''

'' No we are not.Now give me back my phone '' Though she her reflexes were quick, his were quicker ; He moved the phone before she could reach it.

'' No.We are not going by car.The address you messaged is on the outskirts of town.It will be like the country side.If I'm going, I might as well enjoy the view.
So its either this '' he patted his bike '' or else you can find someone else ''

He wasn't kidding, Avni could make that much out from his face.Seeing no other around she reluctantly agreed for the ride.

'' Argghh...fine.''

'' Cool.Hop on .'' he flashed a winning smile.

30 minutes later they were travelling along the quieter road, both sides of which were endowed with the colours of nature.The greenery on both sides was a view in itself , sprinkled with seasonal flowers of every colour.

''Why did you want me to accompany you? '' Neil shouted back over the wind to make his voice audible .

'' Hmmm...that.. '' she shifted her eyes from the scenic views to look ahead. '' My colleagues told me about a certain...''

'' Who? Told what? '' he shouted back cutting her off midway.

'' My co- workers at the publishing..'' She carefully emphasised each word shouting out each at a higher frequency.