Chapter 2

It was quite embarrassing, really. Ashlyn had reached her apartment almost three hours ago and had she left the couch once? No.

Normally, that wouldn't be such a big deal. She'd always lay on that goddamn couch and watch her TV shows and whatnot. The embarrassing part this time, though? The screen in front of her wasn't showing a movie. It was showing the results for that one google search.

She hadn't done it because she'd actually expected to find something, in fact, it was the complete opposite. She thought typing 'Demi Lovato' into that search bar would lead to nothing but blank pages or possibly pictures of another person. That's why she was so surprised when the screen lit up with endless of links leading to pictures, articles, interviews; you name it, all linked to one Demi Lovato, the woman she had met just that day. And it was probably because of her being so surprised and shocked that she couldn't take her eyes off the screen and stop looking through the neverending list of videos and pictures that she'd found.

It was ridiculous, Ashlyn thought. The fact that she'd basically become friends with someone who was famous all over the world and who millions of people would kill to even just say hi to.

What was even more ridiculous, though, was the fact that Ashlyn somewhat knew who Demi was before but she hadn't realized it. She might've not watched the movies she'd starred in or bought the albums she'd released, but she'd heard a song or two play on the radio a couple of times. Sure, hearing someones recorded voice playing from the speakers in a car might not be enough to actually recognize that same person casually walking down the street, but still. It also explained why Demi had reacted the way she did when Ashlyn had asked for her name. She'd really made a fool out of herself there, hadn't she?

The whole situation was kind of surreal and, well, odd. You'd think that after finding out one of your 'friends' is a worldwide selling artist with no reason to actually speak to you, it would either scare a person away or make them kind of clingy in a way that could be defined as stalking. But not Ashlyn. Fine, the amount of information she'd just recieved from all those websites was a bit overwhelming, that she could admit. But she wasn't feeling intimidated by Demi in a way many people would when meeting someone who had all that 'power', nor was she feeling like she had to prove a point and be all over Demi to get her to like her; Ashlyn was simply just feeling embarrassed that she hadn't known about the whole fame thing, but that was it. She wasn't really feeling any pressure except from that regular 'what if she isn't going to like me'- feeling that basically everyone who'd just met a new person would get.

When she thought about it, it was all just really laughable. How often does pouring hot coffee over a stranger lead to friendship, let alone an exchange in phone numbers right after?

That reminded Ashlyn of the tiny note waiting in her pocket that Demi had handed her earlier that day in the coffee shop which contained her number. Quickly, she made her way up from the couch for the first time in a while to go to the hallway but returned to the same spot when the piece of paper was in her hands.

Unfolding it, Ashlyn couldn't help but notice the tiny smiley in the corner of the note which Demi most likely had drawn on there herself. It wasn't a huge gesture and normally she probably wouldn't notice or care, but Ashlyn caught herself actually smiling from it. Again, she thought it was ridiculous; how a person she'd met a couple of hours ago and only had a conversation with for barely 40 minutes could already have such an impact on her - how she could already feel kind of close to her. But then again, that feeling of closeness probably wasn't mutual because Ashlyn had spent three hours watching videos of Demi, and she was pretty sure Demi hadn't done the same with her.

Without wasting another second, Ashlyn bent over to reach for her phone, which she'd eventually found at the bottom of her purse just like she'd thought, and started typing a new message.

- You're quite interesting as well, did you know that? - Ashlyn

Her thumb hovered above the send button for a few seconds before actually clicking it. She wasn't scared, necessarily. Her text was kind of funny considering the fact that she basically mimicked what Demi had told her earlier, but somehow she was struck with one of those waves of hesitation. She shook that feeling off, though, and in a matter of seconds the text was on its way from Ashlyn's phone to Demi's.

"Hi, babe." The dark voice interrupting Ashlyn from her thoughts so suddenly caused her to jump slightly, leaving her heart to beat in an unhealthy speed. It slowed down quickly, though, since she almost immediately realized who it was.

"Shit, you scared me, Ethan!" she pointed out and got up from the couch to meet her fiancé who was stood in the hallway, taking his shoes and coat off. Ashlyn would've thought that Ethan would comfort her or at least hug her to say hi, but instead he just laughed.

"Stop it, it's not funny!" she said and jokingly punched his right shoulder before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him quickly as to welcome him home. They both smiled at each other while looking at the other before Ethan decided to break the moment and walk towards their bedroom.

"Hey, why don't you start with dinner and I'll come help you once I've changed clothes and then we'll watch a movie or something?" Ethan asked through the open door which lead to their bedroom and closet.

"Sure, babe," Ashlyn replied and started her short walk towards the kitchen. Her and Ethan had never been especially good at cooking. Usually, they'd order takeout like pizza or chinese but considering the fact that they'd done that all week and that it was friday which meant they were both off the next day, they'd like to 'celebrate' with homecooked and some wine. It was never anything special, though, and that night sure wasn't gonna be a change so Ashlyn decided that a wok meal would be just as romantic as it would be making.

Ashlyn's full concentration was set on the frying pan in front of  her and the only thing on her mind at that moment was to not burn the vegetables, but that concentration flew right out the window as her phone vibrated once, which meant she'd recieved a text. There weren't really many people who she could think of who could've texted her then since it was friday night and no one really had a reason to, so Ashlyn was pretty sure she knew who it was, or at least who she hoped it was, and she was correct.

Even though it didn't involve a long paragraph or, well, any words at all, the text managed to put the biggest smile on Ashlyn's face; kind of like when she'd noticed the smiley on that note. And it was basically the same thing then, as all the text involved was a little winky face followed by Demi's name.

"What are you smiling at?" Ethan suddenly appeared next to her in the kitchen, his before handsome look replaced with a grey t-shirt and black sweatpants. He placed his hands on Ashlyn's hips and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

"Nothing," she replied and blushed a little when she realized how stupid she must have looked smiling at her phone. They remained silent, as if Ethan was waiting for Ashlyn to give him an explanation, which she did.

"I met someone today," was all she said.

"Ooh, do I need to worry?" Ethan said teasingly, turning around to get something for their dinner. Ashlyn laughed and her focus went back to the vegetables in front of her.

"If you think a woman I spilled hot coffee over would be a sort of threat then, yes, you do need to worry."

"Ouch," he said and went back to stand behind Ashlyn and wrapped his arms around her waist, his lips leaving marks on her neck as he gently kissed it. "You know, we could just have dinner and then instead of watching a movie, we could just go to the bedroom."

Their bodies started to sway slightly as Ethan continued to plant kisses onto his fiancées soft skin, his lips causing a ticklish sensation each time they collided with her. Ashlyn could feel her breathing pattern grow uneven as he slowly begun moving his hands all up and down her torso, not leaving one spot untouched.

"Or," Ashlyn panted and turned the stove off before turning around to face Ethan. "We could just skip dinner as well and go to the bedroom right now."

Ethan groaned, in that kind of way that forced Ashlyn to bite her own lip to contain herself. Their lips brushed against each other, over and over, the kisses growing more deep and passionate as they kept coming.

"I like that idea," Ethan said before he brought Ashlyn up into his arms and carried her away to their room.