11. Jealousy

It was the day before the game and the team was at the practice facility preparing. Klay and Steph have been out of sync since the whole thing happened. But it's more Steph then klay, klay doesn't know anything Steph doesn't think and he wants it to stay that way. But it's killing Steph because his feelings have not gone away yet and it's starting to drive him crazy so he has stopped talking to klay all that much. Practice just ended for the day so now they are all headed back to the locker room to change.

"Man What's up?" Klay asked sitting down in his locker

"Whatcha mean?"

"You've been acting weird lately"

"Guess I'm just focused on opening night"

"Focused is not throwing the ball away and ignoring me when I'm wide open"

"Sorry man I didn't see you that one time"

"There have been multiple times"

"I'll get it together before the game tomorrow don't worry"

"Good, now I gotta go me and mar are meeting up so maybe I'll see you at your house later" he stood up and put his hand out for Steph to shake. Steph kept his head down ignoring klay.

"Cool" He said dryly klay looked at him weird before shrugging it off and walking out of the locker room.

"Ok let me guess" Dray said sliding over to stephs locker "all this shit your doing right here is because of this, isn't it?" He said showing him a picture of Amari and him kissing in the club. Steph just looked at him and pressed his lips together.

"I don't know the whole story but klay obviously hasn't seen it yet so whatever you do don't let it fuck the team over" Steph nodded and went back to getting changed. When Steph finally got home he looked around the house for Amari but didn't find her anywhere so went to the living room and waited. He needed to talk to her but not about what was bothering him, about the game tomorrow. It was now almost 10 and Steph was confused because they cant be seen with each other. He wondered if Amari changed her mind and said fuck it but why would she do that she needs this more then he does. She got cut out of his thoughts when he heard the door open.

"Hey babygirl" He said loud enough for her to hear

"Hey Steph" she responded walking into the living room where he was.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something" he turned towards her to see klay with her as well.

"what's up?"

"Oh I can ask you later I didn't know klay was here"

"You sure?"

"Yeah course it's not urgent"

"Ok cool, wanna go upstairs klay?"

"Yeah I'll be up there in a second I need to talk to Steph quick"

"Ok" she said suspiciously but ran upstairs to her room anyway.

"What's up klay?" Steph asked once Amari was upstairs. Klay sat down in the chair next to his.

"Why did you call Amari babygirl"

"Oh it's just a nickname I gave her when we first met"

"Well can u stop"

"Why?"

"Cause it's usually what a boyfriend calls there girl and now I get why she won't let me call her that"

"Well I'm sorry she doesn't let you caller her that but I just called her that ever since we met it's nothing"

"You sure?"

"Course but why can't you call her it"

"Because she said she didn't like that name"

"Oh that's weird"

"Yeah I wonder why she lets you then"

"I don't know, but she's probably waiting up there for you so u should go"

"You right, I'll see ya tomorrow" Steph nodded and laid his head back once he left the room. She doesn't let him call her babygirl? He thought, is it because I do?  It confused him even more.

"Hey" Amari said seeing klay walk into her room

"Hey" he responded laying down next her on her bed

"What did you need to talk to Steph about?"

"Uh, the game tomorrow" he lied, she nodded "speaking of the game tomorrow I was wondering if you wanted to wear my jersey, cause your coming right?" She laughed

"I'm coming but I'm wearing stephs Jersey, I kind of have to"

"Why?"

"Because he's my boyfriend in public" he rolled his eyes

"I know it's fucked up but it has to be this way, I warned you about it before"

"I know but I just wish it was different"

"Me to"

"So I won't see you as much tomorrow because I'll be with Steph but don't worry eventually this will all stop and it'll be good" he nodded.

"Well I gotta go but I guess I'll kind of see you tomorrow" he got up and walked to the door

"Don't be like that"

"Like what?"

"Jealous" she got up and hugged him

"Sorry it's just kind of weird"

"I know but I like you not Steph"

"That's what I like to hear" he kissed her.

"I'll see you tomorrow"

"Bye mar" she smiled and he walked out of her room and out of the house to his car. Steph noticed he left so he walked up to Amaris room to talk to her.

"Hey So I got you my jersey for tomorrow"

"Thanks" she said dryly

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing it's just klay is pissed I can't wear his"

"I'm sorry"

"Not your fault I know I have to, but what did you want to ask me?"

"Are you riding to the game early with me or are you gonna go later?"

"I'll go with you so I don't have to drive by myself"

"Ok cool so I have practice at 9 tomorrow morning then we leave at 4:30 for the game"

"Why do you have practice on game day?"

"It's like a shoot around type of thing so your warmed up for the game"

"Oh ok"

"Ok so I'm gonna go to bed"

"night Steph"

"Night babygirl" He said before walking out of her room to his.

Kinda short but it's just a filler stuff happens next chapter, promise!