Chapter 6

Wow, so many reads!! Thank you everyone for your comments and votes, it means so much to us. (My sis and I) I love writing and I just want to know how my story is, so please keep commenting. Thanks lovlies...here's chapter 6 xxxx

Chapter 6

*Olivia's POV*

"You got me Niall for my present?" Adam looked so confused, that makes two of us.

I felt my palms start to sweat just being in the same room as Niall after so long. I missed him so much, but I felt different now. I saw the awkward stares between my parents and Niall's, knowing they felt the tension build up in the room. My mum sipped on her tea once more before speaking up.

"Well, why don't we give you kids some time to catch up. We'll be in the backyard." They hastily made their way to the sliding glass door and outside to the backyard. It was silent in the room, and uncomfortable. I didn't exactly know how to react.

"Well, I'm going to be outside as well." Adam piped up, leaving a little kiss on my cheek before following the adults. I didn't take my eyes off of Niall the whole time. Anger flashed in his eyes only for a second when Adam kissed me. He stared him down as he made his way to the backyard. 

It was just the two of us now. More silence. He hands were stuffed into the pockets of his jeans, watching me. We continued to look at each other, studying each feature as if we were meeting each other for the first time. I was the one to break the contact, I looked down feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"Are you two dating?" He asked me, his voice a bit angry. I just nodded. Silence again. I couldn't take this anymore, this silence like there was nothing to talk about. I rushed over to the stairs hoping to make it to my bedroom without him seeing me cry.

"Olivia." I was wrong, I only made it halfway up the stairs when he grabbed my wrist and turned me around. His face turned to guilt as he wiped the tear from my cheek. "Please, let me explain." I frowned and threw my arm back to my side breaking his grasp.

"Explain what, Niall? How you just forget about your best friend? How your new life is so amazing that you couldn't call? How kissing slutty girls every night is just part of the job? There's nothing that you need to explain, Niall. You've done enough." I practically screamed in his face.

I was so upset. He was a real jerk to me, thank goodness I had Adam to fall back on. Wait, did I just say that? Did I just use Adam this whole time to fill the space the Niall created? No, I couldn't have done that. Or did I?

I had reached the top of the stairs when I thought of something else good to say back at Niall. I turned around to find him with his head down, standing in the same place when I yelled at him. I ran back down the stairs.

"And I hope that you never get famous, because you don't deserve it at all!" I totally lied on that one.Before I could even turn around and storm off, Niall pressed his warm lips onto mine.

I can't exactly tell you how it felt because it was indescribable. In a way, it felt wrong; but at the same time it felt completely right. Like my lips were meant to be on his. All our emotions poured out into the kiss: anger, love, compassion, forgiveness, love.... It's true that we loved each other. I couldn't stop feeling like it was more that just love, something deeper. There was no words to explain it. I found myself kissing back, a little smirk forming on my lips as we deepened the kiss.

"Sorry, I forgot my- Olivia!" I pulled away when I heard Adam's voice. I looked at him, totally guilty. He looked crushed, like I had just stomped on him like a bug. I imagined his heart breaking little by little.

"Adam, please you don't understand." I rushed down the stairs over to him, but he just pushed me away. His face looked disgusted like he couldn't even look at me.