× Barbie ( pt. 3 ) ×

All the Barbie movies take place in the same world.

There are a few Easter eggs that can be found throughout the films and maps shown that leave it open to interpretation regarding whether or not there is more beyond world shown in the movie.

The Barbie movies actually occur in chronological order.

For example, because Rapunzel’s dress for the masquerade ball can be seen in The Princess and the Pauper it would be assumed The Princess and the Pauper takes place after Rapunzel.

And Rapunzel was made in 2002 while The Princess and the Pauper was made in 2004 The same is true with Odette’s dress (Swan Lake was made in 2003) found in The Princess and the Pauper in Madame Carp’s shop.

It’s been theorised that Princess Genevieve from The 12 Dancing Princesses is the same person as Queen Genevieve from The Princess and the Pauper

Not only do they look alike, but they do share the same name – something that pretty much never happens in the Barbie universe.

The only question is, what happened to Derek?

Did Derek die?

Or did something else happen to him?

Why did Genevieve remarry?

Blair (Princess Charm School) is Tori’s (The Princess and the Popstar) mother or grandmother.

They always dress similarly (lots of use of hearts and the colour pink) and also are seen to be wearing the same dress.

They were also made in 2011 and 2012 so their designs are very similar.

Gothel from Rapunzel is Odile from Swan Lake

They have a similar face shape (I mean, you know… of a typical antagonist and all) and similar features…