Losing Control Isn't Always Fun 26

I froze when I saw Dominic staring at me. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

"Ree," Kyle started.

"I have to go," I said, grabbed my sweatshirt and rushing past Dominic.

"Riannan, wait!" Dominic called out.

I ignored him as I ran with shaky legs out to my truck.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I wanted to yell at myself. I could feel myself starting to hyperventilate.

I didn't say it. I didn't say it. Dominic never heard me. It never happened. It couldn't have. This was all just some insane, crazy dream, and I was going to wake up soon.

Unfortunately, I knew that it was a lie.

_________________

"I said stop!" I heard Riannan shout. "I love him, alright?! I'm so in love with him that just looking at him hurts me! Is that what you want to hear? That I don't feel like I deserve love?!"

I stood there in shock, all the emotions in my head going wild. Kyle and Richy shifted their gaze's to me, and Riannan turned around. Her eyes widened in fear and disbelief.

Come on, Dominic. Think of something to say that'll make her feel better. You're the man, you can do this.

"There wasn't any Dr. Pepper in the fridge," I said.

Yeah, WAY TO GO! You're the man? More like the idiot.

"Ree," Kyle started.

"I have to go," Riannan said, grabbing her sweatshirt. She whipped past me, not meeting my eyes.

"Riannan, wait!" I called.

I ran down the stairs after her, but she had a head start. The engine was running by the time I was opening the front door.

"Riannan!" I yelled.

But it was too late. She had already left me standing there.

"Dominic, chill out," Kyle said. "Come inside. We have to talk."

He put his hand on my shoulder, and lead me inside.

I couldn't believe this was happening. She still loved me! I had a feeling that she did, but she never let me close enough to be sure. What was I supposed to do? They don't teach you how to deal with these types of situations in history class.

"Okay, Richy and I kind of sort of came up with a plan a few nights ago to get you two back together," Kyle said.