T w e l v e

Kyle's POV:

"Hi Dad! What's up?" I try to make my voice as sweet as I possibly can to make myself look like the good kid that I'm not.

Please don't tell me he knows about what happened at the dean's office.

What? Everybody knows no matter how much you grow up, you'll always be afraid of your father.

"Nothing Ky, I just wanted to check up on you. How are your studies going?" My dad asks me but I can tell he wants to say something else. It's like something else is on his mind.

"Good." I reply.

"And you're not pranking your teachers or anything, are you?"

"Nope." I reply but silence fills the other side of the phone call and I can already imagine him giving me one of his infamous glares that he used to give me as a kid and the truth would just slip out of my mouth.

"Um possibly..." I sheepishly reply back. "Dad, What's really going on?"

You could say that I'm really close with my parents. As I was the only kid, all their attention would be on me. I used to share all my secrets with my mom when I was a kid and my dad would skip his meetings just to spend more time with me.

He was silent on the other end of the line for a minute and then I hear him sigh.

"Ky, Last evening I discovered that someone has been stealing information about our newest project and selling that info to some other smaller companies. It has his name written all over it. He didn't want any information for himself. He just wanted to sabotage the entire operation that I worked so hard on." He replied in an angry yet upset tone.

"Dad, don't worry. We'll do something."

"No I'm not worried. I'm angry that he thinks he can mess with me and get away with it. No one messes with me or my family. Not even him." Well that sounds more like my father. "And I'm not even angry about that but then he had the audacity to invite me and my family to his birthday party. What the hell?"

"Dad, calm down. If he wants us to be there, then we'll be there. He'll get his lesson. I'll make sure of it."

"Okay Ky. Then I'll see you soon. My meeting's starting. I've got to go. Bye."

"Bye dad." I say my goodbye but then a giggle stops me in my tracks.

"Oh someone's a daddy's boy." I look up and see Avery leaning across the door frame. Her hair is now tied up in a pony tail and her face is made up in awe as if she's cooing a dog to sleep.

"Please don't say daddy. It sounds weird coming out of your mouth." I say and a confused expression forms unto her face.

"Why are you here?" I ask before she can reply me with her sarcastic mouth.

"Just wanted to tell you that I've done the whole floor and now I'm done for the day."

"Already?" I ask her and her face forms into a 'duh' expression. I return my face into a cool expression and continue, "I mean, you're still not done with your day. Because we're going shopping." I say in an authoritative voice as I walk towards the door.

******************

Avery's POV:

"When are we going home?" It's been a really tiring day for me. Firstly, I had to clean up that whole floor and now this! I didn't even get a good night sleep.

I've been day-dreaming about my bed for hours.

My bed! Ah, what a comfy bed.

We have been shopping for at least two hours now. Oh, I meant that he has been shopping for himself while I've been standing, holding his bags for him and telling him he looks good in everything he tries on.