EP 1 : YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE THREATENED ME

Episode 1: You Shouldn't Have Threatened Me

      Slamming the door shut, I trudged my way up the flight of stairs to my room.

" Gabriel Adriano Harris I need to talk to you!" My mom hollared from the kitchen and at that moment I knew she figured it out.

Closing my eyes, I sighed before making my way to her. " Yeah mom?" I sat casually by the counter high stools.

With her hands on her waist, she stood before me. " I got a call today from Mr Howard, your Art mentor, why is he suspending you for 3 days?!"

Biting my lower lip, I massaged my temple in thought. There was one thing I found especially challenging to do — explaining to my Mom what is going on in my non-existent brain.

" Well, he insulted my painting so I threw my artwork at his face, along with my art palette..." my voice grew soft as mom's eyes widen.

She gulped down a glass of water, steadying herself. I bet she needs something a bit stronger, maybe a shot. As if planned, someone from behind began clapping.

" Now that's what I call badass, how does it feel to be me?" Kai, my second eldest brother, patted my back encouragingly.

Mom glared at him, " Why are you encouraging him, Kai? This is absolutely disastrous! This art scholarship will decide Gabriel's future!" She blabbered while pacing back and forth.

"Gabriel is a brilliant kid, he'll handle it, right Gab?" Kai hooked his arm around my shoulder which brought a smile to my lips.

Walking over to my mom, I began massaging her shoulders. "How about you take a break mom? You look like you need to relax."

Taking a deep breath, she shook her head. " I can't, not today at least. We are throwing a party tonight." She clasped her hands together in excitement.

" W-what?...Another one?...Why?" I whined like a five year old. I hated the weekly events my parents organised. With my dad being the mayor, our parties would have over 100 people.

" Didn't you know?" Kai spoke up this time with his eyebrows drawn together.

" Would I be asking if I knew?" I replied sarcastically.

Kai rolled his eyes, "Blake is coming back!" My eyes nearly bulged out upon hearing that my eldest brother is returning after 3 years.

" Alexander as well!!" My mom cheered. I raised an eyebrow, trying to recall who Alexander was. Was he one of our long lost grandparent? Or maybe dad's best friend?

Kai noticed my puzzled expression and shook his head with a small smile.

" Alexander is Blake's best friend since diapers. You were too young to remember him." I nodded in response.