12 | forever

"i think you should talk to him" my best friend, y/bf/n tells me "he loves you

"i think you should talk to him" my best friend, y/bf/n tells me "he loves you..." 

i look down the hall and see my ex, river phoenix, open his locker. i then see his best friend wil try to talk to him, but river doesn't seem to be listening.

yesterday we got into a huge fight, and i broke up with him. it was out of anger, and it just kind of happened.

i wish i could take it all back. i love him "y/n? are you listening?" y/bf/n nudges my shoulder. i nod, but start to walk away.

i make my way towards river. he doesn't deserve to hurt like this, neither do i. we've been dating for almost a year. i can't throw that away. he was always sweet to me whenever we would go out he would open doors for me, or pull out my chair. i could spend all day hugging and kissing him.

"river, can we talk?" i ask when i reach his locker. river looks up at me. wil looks at me, and gives me a soft smile. wil's a great person.

river nods, just as the bell rings. we walk outside the little park they have next to the school. i sit down on a swing, and he sits next to me.   

"i'm sorry," i say to river, "i didn't mean what i said last night. i was mad, and obviously wasn't thinking."

"y/n, i'm sorry for swearing at you. i called you names, and accused you of cheating on me. i know you would never do that. i don't blame you for leaving me after that.."  river looks at me, and the emotions showing through his eyes is heart breaking.   

"i couldn't even sleep knowing i hurt you y/n, i cried most of the night."
my heart broke when he said that.

"river, i love you. i don't like being without you. can we just forget about yesterday? like it never even happened?" i get up, and stand in front of him.

he gets up and takes both my hands. i blush. i love this boy with all my heart. i really do. i can't imagine not being with him. cheesy but true.

"yesterday never happened, okay babe? i love you" i nod. i grab his face with my hands and kiss him. he kisses back right away.

this is something i love. his hands on my waist, mine on the side of his face. his soft lips caressing mine.

i can never get enough of this human being. we break apart and he smiles at me. "i love you y/n"  

"i love you river."