19

Swiping through the screen, Namjoon kept on watching Jee's funny derp pictures

Swiping through the screen, Namjoon kept on watching Jee's funny derp pictures. He did not even bother paying attention to his fiancée standing beside him, as he was literally smiling to himself.

"Namjoon?"

"Yes?"
He quickly shoved his cell in his side pocket, turning towards Ella.

"You know I'm not a kid. Don't try to fool me with that sweet dimple of yours."

"Ella-"
Namjoon let out a sigh.

"Look, I know that I was reluctant to marry a stranger at first, but now I don't want to give up this engagement. I fell in love with you. So I suggest you forget whoever that girl is, you're only wasting your time. You have a future with me to look forward to."
Ella bluntly confessed her feelings to Namjoon, possessively demanding something so sudden from him.

"You can't force someone to love another, Ella. Feelings are not things that you can easily have."
Namjoon deliberately tried to put a sense in her mind.

"I'll do whatever it takes to make you love me. I'm determined."
Ella gave a confident statement, turning on her heel and getting off the lift, with Namjoon walking behind her.

"Ella! What a surprise you came over?"
Mrs. Kim exclaimed happily, seeing her soon to be daughter-in-law.

"How are you, mother?"
Ella hugged her back in return.

"Oh, everything's going well and fine. I'm so glad to see you both visiting me. I am glad."
Mrs. Kim then noticed her son, standing behind Ella. Namjoon wasn't having any of it, he simply stood there watching them, uninterested.

"Why don't you both go on a date? I think that's much better, don't you think, Namjoon?"
Namjoon looked at his mother, his jaw clenched, knowing that she was trying to pressure him even more.

"Oh really? Joonie! Should we!?"
Namjoon was enraged by the sudden unexpected change of formalities, between him and Ella. But the one thing that triggered him was hearing her call him by that name, the name that only Jee used.

No one calls him by that name except for her, his fist curled up. His emotions were mentally torturing him, he missed her so much and as much as he wanted to call her, he couldn't.
That night when he was suppose to confess his feelings, he lost her.

"Namjoon?"
Ella shooked him off his thoughts, he ignored her and walked away, leaving her alone with his mother.

"Nam-!"

"It's fine, mother."
Ella held Mrs. Kim from calling him back.

"How can I just stand here and do nothing? My son did not treat you properly."
Mrs. Kim exaggerated.

"Let's give him some time, he'll be come back."
Ella asvised, trying to calm his mother.

*****
Feeling something cold pressed against her forehead, Jee slowly fluttered her eyes open.
Surprisingly she noticed Jungkook lightly patting her head, with the ice pack.