Chapter 11

About ten minutes later, Samuel is out of the bathroom. I didn't hear any out of the ordinary noises while he was in there so I'm assuming that everything went well. He doesn't look at me as he wheels himself out of the bathroom. He wheels over towards the windows in his bedroom. He moves the curtain aside and looks outside.

"Why are you just standing there, staring at me?" He asks, while still looking outside of his window.

I sigh. "I'm just trying to figure you out." I admit.

He shakes his head. "I haven't even figured myself out yet, so good luck with that." He says with no trace of humor in his voice at all.

I shake my head and turn around. I think I should give him a few minutes to himself. I'm sure it's not the easiest thing having your ex fiancé 's sister be your nurse and be the one who sees you at your most vulnerable. Just as I'm about to walk out he speaks.

"Do you think that she ever loved me?" He asks. I look back at him and he is still staring out the window with an expressionless look on his face.

I take in a deep breath. "I don't know how to answer that, Samuel. Me and my sister have never been close...."

"Obviously." He says, sharply.

"Why do you say it like that?" I ask, slightly offended and I don't even understand why I am.

"If you were close you wouldn't be here taking care of me." He states, simply.

"I feel like I need to be here." I admit.

"Why?" He asks, his eyes, finally, landing on me.

"I don't know. I just do."

I don't wait for him to respond. I walk out of his room and close the door behind me.

// Hey y'all!! Sorry for the super slow updates lately! I have been super busy! I'm trying not to forget about my writing though because I LOVE writing and it has always been my dream to become a published author. (🙏🏻) Even if I never get published, I still enjoy writing! Also, sorry that this chapter is super short.