Chapter 28

Sometimes I was convinced my best friend was crazy. Who on earth decides to throw a dinner party for everybody they knew in honour of their husband's 25th birthday? Elisa Weasley apparently. Draco, Dorian and I were over at the Weasley Manor, attempting to help Elisa prepare the meal. Dorian was in the living room, playing with Elisa's children and Ron and Draco had been banished from the kitchen. I was the only one allowed in. Elisa was sending me on errands around the house, collecting things for her that she needed and I was happy helping in any way I could. Hurrying back from the library with a few recipe books Elisa had requested, I heard music floating from the open kitchen door. Poking my head around the door frame, I caught the blonde girl dancing around the kitchen as she waved her wand at various ingredients. With a grin on my face, I stood and watched in silence until Elisa turned to face me. She looked so happy. Merlin, did I love her.
"Here you go," I said, handing her the books I had collected.
Elisa thanked me before waving her wand at the three of them, flicking them all open to the necessary pages and continuing to busy around the kitchen.
"You're crazy, El, you know that, right?" I mused and Elisa glared at me playfully.
"I don't remember you calling your brother crazy when he did it."
"Yes but I don't remember running around like a headless hippogriff when I did it." Tiberius's voice came from over my shoulder and I whirled around to see him stood there, smirking.
"How and why are you even here, Ty?" Elisa asked, her shock evident in her voice. "Not that I'm not thrilled to see you, of course."
"Draco called me." Tiberius grinned and I rolled my eyes. Of course he did. My brother pulled me into a side hug and dropped a kiss atop my head. "Everything good, little sister?"
I punched him playfully as he did the same to Elisa.
"Now that you're here, you can help," Elisa bargained with a smirk.
"On one condition," Tiberius countered and Elisa raised an eyebrow. "Go and get dressed. You're still in your pyjamas and people will be here in an hour and a half."
My best friend sighed dramatically before grabbing my hand and heading out of the door. "Fiiiiine."

As much as she wasn't going to admit it, Elisa needed Tiberius's help. Even with the two of them rushing around the kitchen to get everything ready, we were only just finished when the last guests arrived. All of us were sat around the dining table, so many platters of food before us. Everybody was laughing and chatting, making conversation with people they might not normally talk to. My eyes met Elisa's over the table and she smiled broadly at me. She had done it, she had somehow catered for all of these people, successfully. As I looked away, Ron got to his feet, his glass in his hand.
"I just wanted to say thank you to my wonderful wife for putting this all together for me. She knows that I like nothing more than seeing all of the people who I care about, especially on my birthday so I want to say thank you both to Elisa and to you all for coming." Ron lifted his glass before sitting down and we all lifted our glasses to Elisa and to each other, bright smiles on all of our faces.
Elisa's eyes met mine once more and I inclined my head to her lightly, letting her know she had done well, letting her know just how much we all appreciated her.

-

The months after Ron's birthday flew by and before I knew it, Draco was turning 25 as well. Dorian and I had gone out shopping so that we could get a few extra presents for Draco's birthday and it was adorable to see just how excited Dorian was getting over his father's birthday.
"What do you want to get daddy?" I asked by son as we perused the shop fronts in Diagon Alley.
We were heading towards Avondale Apothecary to say hello to Ron and Rona while they worked before we searched the other shops down the alleyway more thoroughly. I relished the soft tinkling of the bell above the door as we entered my apothecary and I saw Rona poke her head out of the doorway to the stairs.
"Hi, little man," she said, her eyes crinkling as she smiled at Dorian.
"Go on then, baby, go and say hello," I urged Dorian and he ran over to Rona, hugging her legs.
Just then, my son looked up the stairs and gasped.
"Uncle Ron!" He ran towards Ron and my ginger best friend caught him in his arms, wandering through the doorway before swinging my son around.
As I watched my son interact with my colleagues and friends, I wandered over to the window and gave Ozymandias a scratch behind the ears. Rona's kneazle was bathing in the soft June sunlight, nestled between a cauldron and a basket of ingredients.
"We're shopping for daddy's birthday!" Dorian said, excitably and I assumed that one of them had asked Dorian why we were in Diagon Alley.
"We should probably head off now," I stated. "It's already 2pm and Draco will be home from work in an hour."
Ron and Rona waved us off and I took Dorian's hand as we merged with the throng of witches and wizards going about there daily business. I glanced around at the shops opposite us. Draco had always been difficult to buy for and this year had been no different. We only needed a few extra things for my husband but we were going to have to hurry. We only had an hour and already I was worrying.

A few hours after Draco had come home from work, Dorian had gone over to Elisa and Ron's. Since what had happened on the night of our double date, Ron and Elisa had been regularly having Dorian over for sleepovers to give Draco and I some alone time, in the hopes that I might get over my fears. It seemed to be working as we had been getting further than we had managed the times prior before my mind took over and my fears and memories came flooding back. I had decided that tonight was the perfect opportunity to see if we could get far enough that I would overcome my fears. Draco and I had got so close that this was finally the last hurdle. If we could do this then I knew that I would finally be ready to have another child.
"Need a top up?" I asked Draco, holding a bottle of muggle wine in my hand.
My husband held out his glass in response and I tipped some of the drink into it with a grin. After Draco had taken a sip and placed his glass down on the table, he patted his lap.
"Come here."
I climbed into his lap and he placed a kiss on my nose, making me giggle. Whilst one of my husband's hands crept into my hair, the other danced around my waist band and I leaned in to kiss him. Readjusting myself on his lap, I began to fiddle with the hem of Draco's t-shirt, causing him to pause and slip it over his head. I ran my hands down my husband's chest as he reconnected our lips and slipped his hand below the waist band of my jeans. As more and more items of clothing were discarded, I felt my heart rate increase but my hands were steady and my mind was filled with only one thing and that was Draco. My hands were held above my head as Draco gently laid me down on the sofa. We were bathed in the soft green glow of a charm and I felt myself suddenly relax. This time, I didn't want to worry about the struggle of trying for a baby, this time I just wanted to have fun.

-

By the time my birthday rolled around, the fears and memories that had plagued me for these past few years seemed to have gone entirely. A few days ago we had decided to stop using the contraceptive charm and I honestly couldn't believe that Draco and I were finally trying for a baby again. I had enjoyed a lovely birthday, spending time with my family and friends but by the evening Draco and I were alone. Ron and Elisa had continued their tradition of having Dorian sleepover and tonight we couldn't have been more thankful. Draco and I had retired to our bedroom a little earlier than was probably necessary but we were entirely adamant on what we hoped would be an extra birthday present for me if everything went the way we hoped. I wasn't yet pregnant but we were hoping that tonight would change that, despite the various attempts we had made since Draco's birthday. Somewhere in the boxes of the move, I had come across the lingerie that Elisa had bought me all of those years ago and, surprisingly, it still fitted. Slipped on underneath my casual attire, Draco wasn't yet aware that I was wearing it, at least not until my t-shirt was discarded to the corner of the room and my jeans quickly followed.
"Gorgeous," Draco complimented as he peppered kisses along my collarbone.
I was sure he could feel my heart hammering against my ribs as his lips grazed my ribcage. My mind was racing with memories of my first time and I couldn't have been more comfortable. Thoughts of when Dorian was conceived flooded back and I became even more determined to have another baby, the family I had always wanted finally within reach. When I didn't feel the soft green charm light that would usually be washing over both of us by this time, my heart began to race even more. We were doing it, we were finally doing it and somehow, I had a very good feeling this time. As Draco rested his head in the crook of my neck, the both of us breathing heavily, I smiled widely, my eyes fluttering shut. I felt the same way I had done when Dorian was conceived, I felt as though we had done it and I couldn't wait to find out.