36| Thoughts

My eyes flickered open as I stretched. Pain shot through my ankle and I immediately brought it back to its resting position. My gaze shifted to Alex, who had forced me to sleep on the bed. A single butterfly fluttered through my stomach as I thought of las night. Some how we went from a talk about aliens and a holographic moon to him asking me to be his girlfriend. But I guess nothing that happens to me is normal, as shown by the past 16 years of my boring life.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and slowly got out of bed, reaching for my crutches. I walked as quietly as possible to the bathroom, after grabbing one of Aiden's sweaters, which I had stolen and claimed a few years back, a pair of gray leggings, and a new change of undergarments. Using the crutches to walk was difficult, but I managed.

Closing the bathroom door behind me, I leaned my back against the door and sighed. What would my brothers think about me an Alex? Well, obviously they'll hate him dating me, but what will they do?

I leaned my crutches against the bathroom wall and started a bath, deciding that a shower was a little too risky for me. The house was silent, so I assumed that everyone else was still asleep.

"Alex looks so hot when he wakes up. Like holy crap." A southern, female sounding voice in my head said, replacing my heart's voice. Well, that's new.

"No, shut up!" My brain's voice said. It was one of a strict northern male's voice. So I have two voices now: one of love and one of logic. I swear I'm going crazy.

I sat down in the bathtub of warm water, drowning myself in my thoughts at the same time. Would it be crossing the line if I named the argumentative voices? If so, then oh well.

"But he is! We're so lucky." Grace, the female voice said. I'm definitely not normal. But then again, who is? We're all weird in our own ways.

"Okay, maybe he is. But you're being so over the top about it." The male voice said. I'm going to name him Aaron. It sounds smart and logical-ish. That's not a word. Whatever.

I buried myself in the warm water, leaving only my nose and up out. Closing my eyes, I replayed that kiss that Alex and I had shared. I'm so hopeless when it comes to boys and love, yet that was so easy.

No, snap out of it, Brook! My subconscious demanded.

I feel like I could spend the whole day in this tub, just arguing with myself and overthinking every past word that Alex and I have shared. My eyes shot open as I remembered something.

"That little brat still owes us a lunch!" Aaron and Grace said in unison.