Chapter 7

Bruce was mad. Mad that his family had just left Jason and let him go off on his own when he had just tried to kill himself a few hours ago. He still had to thank Clark for that. It hurt to believe that Jason didn't even want to see him. Let alone talk to him.

"We couldn't force him to stay here, considering that we are one of the reasons he wanted to kill himself," Dick interjected.

"Yeah, it was cute to see him and Alfred cooking together," Babs wheeled in, smiling at the butler who nodded.

"What if he tries to do it again!?" The first time Jason died was hard enough, he didn't want to go through it again. Never again.

"He won't, and as much as sappy and heartfelt that sounds. I looked into his eyes. That boy isn't the same one who pointed the gun at himself. I'm sure Master Dick agrees," He gave Dick a knowing look and Dick flushed.

Bruce sighed. As much as he hated to admit it. His family was right.

"Fine, but if he kills one more person, we're containing him,"

"Containing, like he's some animal," Dick scoffed and Bruce grunted "He's dangerous Dick, we have no choice,"

"I know dammit... I know,"

A coffee cup was suddenly smashed against the table and Helena glared at them through her narrowed eyes. When she got there no one knew.

"What the fuck do you mean by that?!" She growled out, Barbara simply went on to get her toast and Alfred continued his work and tried not to look at the angry sixteen year olds face. "Jason is hurt, and all you think off is how he kills people!? No wonder he hates you Father!"

"Don't you see!? He dug himself out of his own grave, just to see you! Just to see if you'd done anything to avenge him! But no. The poor boy came back only to see his own adopted Father treat him like a stain in his perfect team!"

"You couldn't even go out of your fucking morals just to see your son smile, just to cherish the fact that he is still alive and kicking, you have just proven to him how you think of him. You just proved to him how little he means to you. You may love him with all your heart, Father, but let me tell you this very clearly,"

She leaned over "To him, your a traitor,"

Bruce glared back with just as much anger filled rage, addressing his daughter "Go to your room," She scoffed "And when did I start listening to you?"

Smart.

"Helena try to understand that just because Jason is hurt, that does not mean that I can risk one life for the whole city," Bruce tried and Helena looked ready to punch him.

"One life," She mocked "What the hell does that mean!? Joker has killed hundreds of people, given them nightmares, torchered them. And if I'm being honest Jason is the only one serving justice around here. Even I am too cowardly to kill a human, who's the real hero now Father?"

Bruce had no other choice to back down at that statement. As much as he hated to admit it. Helena had him there. Jason had not only avenged the people that had died in the Jokers hands, but was also preventing other unfortunate people to turn into the dark side and was proving as a threat.

Dick was quiet for the most.

"I'm taking him out to dinner on Friday," He piped up and the attention was immediately diverted to him.

"That's great Dick," Barbara smiled and took a bite of her toast. "Very good Master Dick, your mending your relationship with Master Jason," He complimented and Dick smiled "Enjoy on your real date, Richard," Helena said, a smile adorning her prefect features.

"..." Bruce was happy for Dick, and even if he didn't admit it. He loved Jason with all his heart like Helena had said. He had also had problems growing up and understanding and getting close to people. And how badly he wanted to see Jason smile at him again. Like old times.

Dick knew Bruce. He was just... Hard to get through too. He just had to get his priorities straight and he too would be walking on the right path to Jason's good side.

Right now though, he just tried to remember the feel of Jason's lips against his own and how right it felt.

*****

How was it? Comment and vote on it!
And if your wondering, Helena is Bruce and Selena's daughter from another dimension. I have made it so that her parents from that universe along with the rest of the Justice League died and her parents sent her over to this universe. She's a real character.