Part 17

I left Jared's house and drove home. When I drove in to the driveway I noticed Jason's car was gone. I parked my car and went inside and noticed two luggages at the entrance and house smelled like steak when I walked in.

I went to the kitchen to check if Jason was cooking, and to my surprise it wasn't him.

"Hey, kiddo!" My dad said as he walked in from the backyard holding a plate full of steak.

"There she is!" My mom exclaimed as she walked towards me and gave me a hug.

"Hey mom." I said with joy as I hugged her back. "I thought you guys were gone for another couple of days."

"Are you upset that we're home already?" My dad asked as he gave me a hug.

"Of course not. I'm just surprised."

"I know we haven't been around even compared to other years, and your dad and I are sorry for that." My mom said.

"It's all good, I know you guys know that." I said.

"We're so thankful for your understanding __________. But everything went well during our trips, so that's why we're here now." My mom explained.

"I'm glad everthing went well."

"Well enough chit chat for now. Are you hungry ______? Cause these steaks are looking pretty good." My dad said with a smile.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I was rushed due to publication of Chapter 16. I will be following this Chapter pretty soon.