4

"A strange yellow hedgehog... I don't think I've heard of it, (insert name)."

You'd gone to visit Tails next. As smart as Tails is, you figured that he'd have some information.

That didn't work out.

"Crud. Well, it was worth a try asking." you said, feeling disappointed. "By the way, what are you working on? It looks like a watch."

Tails smiled. "I'm working on one of the hardest inventions I've ever attempted. It's better if I show you."

Tails grabbed his invention and put it on. He stepped to the side, pressed a button on the watch, and disappeared.

This was strange. "Tails?" you called. You heard nothing but a giddy laugh. "Tails, where are you? This is creepy."

Sonic then walked in, talking with his brother, Manic, and his sister, Sonia. You met them earlier yesterday.

"And this is Tails' lab. He's friendly, really smart, and don't tell him I said this, but he's adorable. Like, 'I want to hug you,' adorable." Sonic turned and saw you. "Oh, hey (insert name). Have you seen Tails? I wanted to introduce him to my siblings."

Before you can answer, you see two glowing red spots.

Just... floating in the air.

"Gotcha!" you said, grabbing the air near the floating spots.

Everyone looked at you like you were crazy.

"Uh... (insert name), who or what did you get?" Sonic asked.

Suddenly, Tails reappeared under your hands. The spots you saw floating in the air were Tails's cheeks.

He was blushing.

"Oh, there you are, Tails. I wanted you to meet-"

"You called me... I... I am not adorable." Tails interrupts.

Oh, Tails. When would he accept it?

"Uh-huh. Sure, Tails. Anyway, I wanted you to meet my brother and sister."

After the introductions, Manic and Sonia were watching as Tails explained the many cool and extremely dangerous things in his room.

You pull Sonic to the side. "Hey, have you heard or seen anything about a strange yellow hedgehog? Tall, kinda bulky, funny eyes?"

Sonic thought for a moment before responding. "That does sound a little familiar..."

Your hopes skyrocketed.

"But I can't remember why."

And they plummeted again.

"*sigh* Alright, then. Thanks anyw- uh...is Tails okay?"

Sonic turned, and was pleasantly surprised. Sonia was holding Tails, who was now asleep.

"What happened here?" Sonic asked.

"Sonia asked Tails if she could pick him up (since, as you said, he's adorable) and he said 'okay'. Little guy fell asleep as soon as she lifted him."

"Typical. Tails must've been overworking himself, again." Sonic said. " Let's get him to bed."

~Later~

Sonia had carried Tails to his bed, and now, you all were in Sonic's living room.

"Okay, I've got a really stupid idea." Sonic said excitedly. "(insert name), you know the abandoned building near the junkyard?"

Oh no.

"Sonic, before you say anything, I don't wanna go. I don't do abandoned buildings." you interrupt.

"Why not? It's broad daylight, and nobody lives there."

Manic spoke up. "Sonic, (insert name) has a point. I hate to admit it, but I'm terrified of the dark."

"And there's not enough people going for my liking." Sonia added.

"Guys, come on. We can invite a few more people, and I never said anything about going in the building. Plus, if we find anything cool to take back, it's pretty much fair game."

You and Sonic's siblings thought.

And stupidly, you all agreed to go.