Chapter Six Forbidden

Vicky suddenly jumps in the way of Emile, 'I think we could all use some rest' she paused to make sure I hadn't moved 'so how about we lay down for a few hours okay? Okay.'

With that she hurried me to the other side of the room,leaving Emile looking dark and dangerous to stew alone. She turned to me, 'are you fucking crazy do you WANT to die?!'

'why does Emile think he can treat you two like trash on his foot?!' I snarl angrily 'he's never been like this before.' Vicky's eyes soften 'oh sweetie he's been like this his whole life, he doesn't know how else to be'

'EXCUSE ME?!?!' I shuddered, has my whole friendship been a lie, did he even truly care about me when he saved me? I shook my head and asked 'what do you mean by that, why would he be raised that way?'

'The queen likes night turners so she adopts them all by force and makes them into her knights and adding high status to their. Family name which then in return means they fight for her with their very lives forever.' She slowly explains to me.

'I don't care if he was the king of the world, you never have the right to abuse others for your enjoyment, that's just wrong' I mutter disgusted by my once kind hearted friend, or so I had thought.

'It's just the way life is for us, here status is everything so we try to build ours up by helping royals and never stepping on toes it's forbidden ,' Vicky said then sighed ' so do us all a favor and just obey, please.'

'And what would happen if I didn't obey him and you two didn't either, what then' I asked horrorfied by the injustice. ' they would simply kill you if you're lucky,' she said simply. 'but the more power and pride the worse things they can and will do to you, so it's best to lay low.'