Shopping Cart Massacre (Connor Murphy x Reader)

Type: Fluff
_____________________________
"(Y/N), can you calm down for one second?"

You laugh as your boyfriend, Connor scowls at you. Currently, you were circling around him as you rode an IKEA shopping cart like a scooter.

Connor sighs, frustrated, and says, "Look, I came here to help you decorate your dorm. Not to be your obstacle coarse!"

You huff and use your left foot to stop the cart right in front of Connor. "Why can't we have fun while we shop?"

Connor's eyebrows release some tension, along with his eyes, as he hears your melodic voice. He smiles a little as he pulls out a piece of folded paper.

"Let's try to find some things on the list and maybe I'll race you down the kitchen isle." He says.

Your slumped shoulders spark up as you jump back on the cart. As examine the paper in Connor's hands closer you can see that he's holding a map with isle numbers.

"Alright, lets go to bedding first," Connor insists.

You put both of your feet on the carts bottom bar and point your finger in the air in front of you. "Onward!" You yell, causing some people to turn their heads.

I fucking hate people, you think.

Connor sighs and shakes his head slightly, "It's this way, idiot."

A little embarrassed, you get down, roll the cart the other way and ride up next to Connor, who was already at the end of the hall. When you finally catch up to him. After picking out pillows, blankets, fairy lights, and a couple containment shelves, you both move onto the decor isle.

As you two pick out items for your desk you feel a (f/c) pencil cup fall on your head. As it bounces off your hand snaps up to your head.

"What the hell?"

Connor bends down and picks up the cup, as he stands up he examines it and mutters, "Poor cup. You cracked it."

You give him a blank stare with an agape mouth. "C-Connor, are you seriously defending the cup?"

He suddenly smirks and uses his free hand to make a finger gun, "I guess you could say I'm dead Sirius..."

Your eyebrows raise and your lips turn up a little, "You've been hanging around Jared for way too fucking long."

"Hey," he interrupts, "No cursing on my Christian server!"

Giving up, you laugh and grab his hand, entwining your fingers with his, his black fingernails standing out against your skin. He grins as he sets down the pencil cup.

"Wait, lets get this," You grab the cup and set it in the cart. "It'll look good with the rest of my (f/c) stuff."

Connor nods and before you turn around, he pulls you closer by your hand. Setting a soft, warm kiss on your forehead, he whispers, "You're going down in our race, (Y/N)."

Before you can process what was happening, Connor wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you away from the cart. Darting away from you, he starts to roll away on the cart.

"Hey, come back here, you tease!" You yell after him, taking off in a run.

But let's be honest here, you're kind of lazy and give up on running after about 10 seconds. Since you were near the chairs now, you took a seat in one, panting. "I'm not chasing after you!"

Connor looks back and smirks. Getting down, he starts to walk back towards you with the buggy in hand.

"Does this mean I win?" He asks cockily.

"Whatever," You mutter, "Bitch."

"Jerk," he replies.

Still trying to catch your breath, you plead, "Can you push me in the buggy?"

Connor chuckles and it's nice to hear. "You were running for a couple seconds! How are you tired already?"

You groan, "Yes or no?!"

"Damn," He says, "Fine."

After climbing in the cart and laying on the body pillow Connor had grabbed for you earlier, you nod that you're ready with your back facing him.

As you two walk towards the check out you feel hot breathe tickle your right ear.

"By the way, (Y/N)..." he says seductively. "That groan was sexy."

_____________________________