First Doctors Appointment

A/N: this takes place on May 4th 2018 for those of you who want to keep up with how far along Y/N is in the pregnancy 

8 weeks, 4 days

Your alarm woke you at 7:30am on a Monday, signalling that it was time for you to get ready for your doctors appointment at 9. You tried to roll out of your bed, but Tom's grip around your waist tightened, making you fall back into him.

"Tom, I have to get in the shower," You chuckled, still struggling to break free from his arms. He groaned, finally pinning you back down on the pillows with a triumphant grunt.

"I didn't get to say good morning," he rasped, leaning up to place a soft, lingering kiss on your lips. His feather-like touch made your stomach erupt in butterflies, just as it always did and you smiled into the kiss. "Good morning," he said again as he pulled away, his soft brown eyes focusing on your lips for a moment longer, then moving downward to your tummy. "And good morning to you," Tom uttered softly to your still undiscoverable bump before adjusting himself so he could place a kiss on your t-shirt clad stomach. Tom was adjusting really well to the idea of being a father. Since you broke the news to him three days ago, he's been very supportive and even more lovey than usual, which of course, wasn't a problem for you.

"Okay, babe, can I get up now?" You chuckled, intertwining your fingers with his dark curls and massaging his head affectionately.

"If you have to," he pouted, placing one last kiss on your body before leaning back against the pillows at the top of the bed. You stood up, stretching slightly before heading off to the bathroom to shower.

"Tom, we have to go!" You yelled through the apartment from the kitchen. Tom had showered after you and was running down the hall in only his jeans.

"Darling, have you seen my black t-shirt I was going to wear?" He gasped, knowing that this was something he couldn't make you late for.

"Try the back of the closest door," You answered, taking a sip of your decaf coffee. He ran back and emerged a minute later with his shirt on and keys in hand.

The ride to doctors office was fairly short, you two just arriving before your appointment time.

"Y/N Y/L/N" the nurse called out the door to the examination rooms, startling you a bit. You and Tom stood up, walking slowly towards her. "Okay, so I hear you think that you're pregnant?" she inquired as you followed her to your specific room.

"Yes, I took three pregnancy tests and I haven't had a period since the last week in February," you responded. The nurse nodded, leading you into the room.

"Okay, Dad, I'm going to have you take a seat here, and Miss Y/L/N, if you could please follow me to the restroom, we are going to have you give us a sample, okay?" You sighed, smiling slightly at Tom when the nurse called him "Dad". He did as he was told, winking at you playfully as you left the room.

This test took a few minutes longer than the home tests you took with Y/F/N and you and Tom were both waiting anxiously in the examination room.

"This is the most nerve wracking thing I have ever done," Tom chuckled nervously, taking one of your hands in his. You brought his hand up and kissed it lightly, hoping to calm his nerves. You both jumped slightly when you heard a knock at the door.

"Miss Y/L/N? I'm Dr. Wyatt," A nice older man walked into the room and shook yours and Tom's hands politely. You went through all your symptoms including the aching breasts and the lack of periods with him and he nodded his head as he listened. When he pulled out a piece a paper from your file, assumingly with the test results on it, your heart began to speed up and Tom gripped your hand tighter. It seemed like a millennium until he finally read out the results to you.

"Well, it does look like you two are expecting. Congratulations," He smiled, going back and shaking Tom's hand again and giving you a polite pat on the arm. "Now, lets see if we can take a look at your baby and figure out how far along you are, yeah? I'm going to leave you for a moment so you can undress and I'll be back with the Ultrasound cart." He smiled politely as he left the room, leaving you and Tom alone so you could change. The second the door closed, you stood up, ready to undress, but Tom stood up as well.

"What are y-" he cut you off by grabbing your face and kissing you softly. Your hands went to his waist as you kissed him back, not exactly sure what came over him, but you weren't complaining. When he retracted, you looked at him with confusion.

"I just love you, that's all," he sighed, his face softening. You giggled, the butterflies in your stomach from earlier returning.

"I love you too, Tom," You replied as he sat back down in his chair. You stepped back and undressed quickly, unfolding the paper gown and draping it over yourself. A few moments later, the doctor was back in the room, squirting the gel onto the long probe and you were laid back with your feet up.

"Alright, so we are going to do what is called a transvaginal ultrasound. It will give us the best picture seeing as you aren't too far along. So this is going to go up into the vagina so we can get to the uterus," you nodded, nervousness flooding your body. Tom was sat by your head, holding your hand tightly. Once the doctor switched on the monitor, you weren't afraid anymore. You were about to see yours and Tom's baby for the first time. "Okay, so this will be a little cold, and you're going to feel some pressure," Dr. Wyatt said before inserting the probe. You squeezed Tom's hand and shut your eyes at the uncomfortable feeling, but your eyes snapped open when you heard your heartbeat come from the speakers. "Okay, so you see this dark pouch right here? That's your uterus," He pointed to the screen, showing you both what was on the black and white picture. "And right here, this little white blip, that's your baby." He pointed again, and you looked over at Tom who was staring up the screen in awe. "And you see this little flashing dot? That's the heartbeat," he continued, your eyes averting back to the screen. The little flash of your baby's heartbeat was going so fast. It reminded you of a little hummingbird.

"Its our baby," Tom chuckled, happiness spewed across his face as he leaned forward and pulled your hand up to his lips, kissing it softly.

"By the size, I'd say you are around 8 weeks gestation. Your baby is about the size of a raspberry. I'm going to print you out a picture with the measurements and it will produce a semi-accurate due date for you." the doctor had a grin plastered on his face as he watched you and Tom completely fall in love with your little hummingbird.

When you left the doctor's office, you and Tom were as giddy as you could be. He hadn't let go of your hand since you left and he kept kissing it as he drove the crowded London streets. Your phone ringing broke you from your immense state of happiness and it was Y/F/N on the line.

"Hey! How'd the appointment go?!" She yelled into the phone, sounding so excited about her new niece/nephew.

"It went really good, we got a picture of baby Holland and it's due December 15th," you gushed, still staring at the picture of your little hummingbird that sat in your lap. Tom kissed your hand again as you talked about your perfect little blip and you were as content as can be.