A Decision for Another Day

You walked over to your room to flop on your bed and relax. A little rest was in order, but not until after you responded to the tap on your door.

   "Come in,"

   "Hey..."

   It was Mikey.

   "Hey Mike. What's up?"

   He sat on your bed and twiddled his thumbs. "I just wanted to ask you something,"

   "Ask away,"

   He hesitated before talking, "So... say like, you find your mom or something. She tells you how much she misses you and stuff..."

   "Okay, go on." You turned to look at Mikey.

   "Are you... Are you gonna leave us when you do?"

   You were silent.

   So much for clearing your mind...

□◇□

   "I... I never even thought about that..." You whispered both to yourself and in response to Mikey.

   "(Y/n), I really don't want you to leave. You're my lil sister who always seems to have time for me, even when you're really upset. If you go back, it's like you've returned back to normal human stuff... And," Mikey looked down and took a breath before continuing,"What if you forget about me? About all of us?"

   Mikey's words that came from his big heart had completely broken yours. You wrapped your arms around him and gave him a tight hug.

   "There's no way I can forget the guy who taught me how to skateboard... And ate my leftover pizza. I've been down here for pretty much my whole life. I can't forget something that easily. I love you all too much to just forget,"

   He hugged you back and you both sat there for a minute to really appreciate the hug.

   "But you still didn't answer my question... Are you going to leave us?"

   "Honestly Mikey, I don't really know. I was so focused on trying to remember my mom than on what would happen when I see her again. It's just another thought I need to look into. Right now, I just need some rest,"

   "Okay. I'll be in the living room watching TV if you need me,"

   He left your room and you lied back in bed. Whether or not you chose to leave was now bothering you. Would you tell your mom the truth about the turtles? What if she freaked out about it and made you tell the police about their location? What if she doesn't think you're really her daughter? Would you believe her or insist you are?

   Does your mom live with your dad? Did anything drastically change when you were gone? Did they give up on you?

   You lied in a comfortable position for a few minutes and then you came out of your room. You were restless and there was no way you could sleep on this. You starting walking toward the exit and Leo spotted you, not stopping you, but calling out to you.

   "(Y/n), where are you going?"

   "Just... Out. I'll be back in time for patrol, don't worry,"