Chapter 2

Art by: @Pagemaster123

Just so you guys know, this book is more of a side thing. For now I'm focusing on the Ticci Toby x reader, but I will update this book occasionally just not as often.

If you have created any Sunny D fanart, email it to me at justasunnyd@gmail.com (make sure you tell me your wattpad username) and I'll feature it in this book! If you don't have an email, then feel free to DM me and we can work something else out :)

•••••

There was a lot about Dan that I didn't know. I knew his age and his favorites colors, sure. But those things weren't important. I didn't know what his parents did for a living or why he has people stalking him. That seemed like an important thing to know, especially if he's my friend.

But he didn't want to tell me and that worried me. What was he hiding?

After losing whoever was following us, Dan walked me home and then raced off to who knows where. I went up to my room and fell onto my bed, staring at the ceiling.

I sighed.

To take my mind off of things, I decided to mess around on my phone. I went on some social media and scoffed at all the people going to extravagant places for their summer vacations.

Dan and I just graduated high school recently and most of our friends had left our small town to vacation one last time before college.

I didn't know what I wanted to do. To be honest, I didn't really care as long as it meant living on my own. I wanted freedom, I guess you could say.

Dan once told me he wanted to be a police officer, but his parents wouldn't let him. He didn't tell me why, but I would assume it's because they didn't want him getting hurt.

But that didn't explain why they were still going to allow him to take criminal justice type classes in college. He told me he was planning on taking some forensic classes as well as some other classes like that too.

But what good would taking these classes do if he couldn't use them?

I shook my head.

Dans family was weird.

I continued scrolling through my phone before an interesting post caught my eye:

Lucy Heartfilia:
Omg guys, this town is starting to become really dangerous. Did you hear about the missing persons cases? And also I overheard an officer complain about there being more drug problems! I can't wait to go to college so I can get out of here!

I furrowed my brows at the post. This girl went to high school with me but I didn't know her very well. And missing persons cases? I didn't know that people were disappearing... and what's this about drugs? I mean doesn't every town have some drug problems.

I decided to look into this a bit more because I was curious. As I was searching through google, I got a text message:

☀️Sunny D☀️: we need to talk

My heart sunk. These types of messages were never good.

Me: ummm ok... do u wanna meet up or?

☀️Sunny D☀️: is there any1 @ ur house?

Me: no, just me

☀️Sunny D☀️: I'll b over in 10. Don't answer the door for anyone. I have a key so I'll just come in. Ok?

Me: um y shouldn't I answer the door?

☀️Sunny D☀️: just don't ok. I'll be there soon.

This was weird. What's going on? Why is he acting so strange?

I sighed and decided to change into something a bit more comfortable. I changed into a maroon hoodie and some grey joggers. I figured I might as well be in a comfy outfit if I'm about to be told bad news.

I went downstairs and entered the kitchen. While I waited for Dan, I made some tea. A few minutes later, I heard someone at the door.

There was a rattle of keys before I heard the lock turning and the door opening. Then I heard hasty footsteps and the door shut. There was a soft click of the lock and after a few seconds, Dan was standing in the kitchen with me.

"Um... so what's going on?" I asked, breaking the silence. Dan sighed before he ran his hand through his hair.

"Okay look... you can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you." He begged. I nodded my head.

"I wasn't going to tell you any of this, but you've become involved now and you'll be much safer if you know what's going on. So... here goes nothing." He started, before taking a deep breath.

"My parents... they're into some illegal business. And I'm not talking anything small. I'm talking like Black Market, wanted in several countries, illegal business." He explained, slowly. I blinked in confusion and waited for him to continue.

"I won't get too much into detail but basically they've got a lot of people after them. Bad people. And these people weren't trying to attempt anything with me at first, but they've suddenly got some confidence or something because they broke into my house." He continued. My eyes widened.

"And... well since they've seen you with me a lot, they might be coming after you too...." he trailed off. I couldn't believe this.

Dan... or Dans parents I should say, were basically criminals? And now there's people after Dan and possibly me?

"Um... I- so what do we do?" I asked, struggling to find words. Dan ran his hand through his hair again.

"I let my parents know what's going on. They're going to try and do something about it before things get out of hand. But just to be safe... we've gotta leave." He replied.

"Leave?" I asked, unsure. Dan nodded his head.

"Just for a little while... think of it as a vacation!" He exclaimed. My thoughts were running wild. I couldn't believe any of this.

"Please (Y/N)... we have to do this." He begged.

"But... what about my parents? I can't just... leave." I stated. Dan rubbed his neck, nervously.

"Ah so about that... you're parents think that you and I are going on a trip together so they're okay with it." He explained.

"I-what?" I questioned. Did he already talk to my parents? And why are my parents not asking more questions about this?

"I talked to your parents and asked if you and I could go on a vacation before college. And they were totally cool with it... so pack your bags?" He said, hesitantly.

I couldn't believe this guy.

Actually, I couldn't believe anything right now.

There's possibly some bad people after me?

And Dan too?

And his parents are wanted criminals?

.

.

.

What have I gotten myself into?

•••••
1137 words